I'm afraid I might have some Bristle Worms

Hugo Garcia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys, I'm afraid I might have bristle worms on my tank. I'm still cycling my first tank and its has no fish yet. I've add 15 pounds of live rock and live sand a month ago. And I've seen a few pests such as majano anemoes that I've tried to remove. But today I saw something that looked like a worm, it's was small, white and moved very fast. I wasn't able to take a picture of it. So now I'm afraid that I might have a dangerous pest on my tank. Any ideas? Should I wait longer to add fish? Should I starve them out?

Bubs2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bristle worms are good. Not very cool looking but a great CUC. I would get rid of those majanos though. Had 1 and didnt get rid of it and now it's everywhere in small crevices I can't get to

Florida Sunshine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well bristle worms are usually half pink and half dark so that is probably not what you saw. If it was though, I wouldn't worry about it other than to wear gloves when your hands are in the tank. They are actually good little cleaners and generally don't hurt anything unless/until they get pretty large.
If you want you can make a trap out of a piece of panty hose with some food inside of a piece of cotton. They go for the food and their bristles get stuck in the panty hose and you can pull them out that way.

Back