I'm afraid I might have some Bristle Worms

Hugo Garcia

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 13, 2017
Messages
173
Reaction score
55
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys, I'm afraid I might have bristle worms on my tank. I'm still cycling my first tank and its has no fish yet. I've add 15 pounds of live rock and live sand a month ago. And I've seen a few pests such as majano anemoes that I've tried to remove. But today I saw something that looked like a worm, it's was small, white and moved very fast. I wasn't able to take a picture of it. So now I'm afraid that I might have a dangerous pest on my tank. Any ideas? Should I wait longer to add fish? Should I starve them out?
 
Bristle worms are good. Not very cool looking but a great CUC. I would get rid of those majanos though. Had 1 and didnt get rid of it and now it's everywhere in small crevices I can't get to
 
Well bristle worms are usually half pink and half dark so that is probably not what you saw. If it was though, I wouldn't worry about it other than to wear gloves when your hands are in the tank. They are actually good little cleaners and generally don't hurt anything unless/until they get pretty large.
If you want you can make a trap out of a piece of panty hose with some food inside of a piece of cotton. They go for the food and their bristles get stuck in the panty hose and you can pull them out that way.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new