I'm back with a new problem

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reefer911

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm back for a fun filled weekend of....getting the GHL doser set up!! Not even 2 minutes into the firmware update video for PAB devices and I'm stuck. I can't get the doser connected to the GHL control center. I have followed the instructions. The doser is plugged into the wall, PAB cable connected to the Profilux 4 and doser, and the USB cable is connected from the P4 to my windows tablet. I had this same issue when I was updating the P4 and I have already made sure the correct driver is installed. Also, my tablet is not running an AMD processor. Thats all I know to check. Any ideas?

OP
OP
Reefer911

Reefer911

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the app? I was able to do that. The configuration says
Pump count: 4
Start numbering: 5

Its connected to the lower PAB port on the P4 so that is #1, correct? If so, should I number the doser #1 in the "start numbering" space?

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you’re updating the doser you need to also not have any other PAB devices plugged in but the one you are upgrading. So just the p4 and the doser.

Think of the pump count and starting as how many pumps and where to start numbering your dosing pumps. If this is your first four head dosing pump you would say 4 and start off at 1. This means the dosing pump heads inside the app would be 1,2,3 and 4. If you start at 5 and say for it would be 5,6,7,8.

Last edited:

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Power down and back on the p4 and the doser leaving them as the only ones connected to each other and then do the upgrade. That should clear any anomalies that made have been caused by the firmware not updating.

OP
OP
Reefer911

Reefer911

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Power down and back on the p4 and the doser leaving them as the only ones connected to each other and then do the upgrade. That should clear any anomalies that made have been caused by the firmware not updating.
I can't even get the doser to connect to GCC much less update the firmware. We will see of the reset works

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you saying it not showing up anymore
On the p4?

if you go to system and click on assign and configured PAB devices your doser doses not appear their?

OP
OP
Reefer911

Reefer911

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I see it there and assigned it through the P4. I just thought the doser had to connect like the P4 in order to perform the update...and I mean click "connect" on GCC. It definitely is physically connected as it should be.

But reading through the GHL Doser resource guide (as I have been) I find buried in the middle of the document that I can update firmware on the doser while connected to the P4. I ran that but the firmware did not update. I'm going to try it again

OP
OP
Reefer911

Reefer911

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I click on firmware update I see this
12EAD795-5DD4-4214-9790-18327FDAE9DC.jpeg

I selected the slave doser but it didn’t update

OP
OP
Reefer911

Reefer911

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I have the latest slave doser version 1.36. But I still don't know why it wont show up on GCC. but as long as I get it to appear on myGHL ill be good, which I am not seeing it yet. Will it appear once I calibrate and start a dosing schedule?

OP
OP
Reefer911

Reefer911

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I figured it out. I selected the latest doser firmware...but it didn't say slave doser. WHY didn't they make them all the same name and just changed the version number?????

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As at some point you talk about connecting the Doser in USB with GCC, reassure me, the Doser does not have a USB port?
Because if it does, it's a Doser SA (standalone) and even in slave mode (or EXT, it's the same thing, just a new way of naming it to not longer use the term slave) it must be updated via USB and never via PAB.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back