I'm bored, let's see your reefs.

kschweer

Zoas!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
That's one of the nicest tanks i've seen. How did you get your corals colors to pop so much? I wish my tank looked like that!
Wow that’s quite the compliment!!! Thank you! I think keeping things simple with the tank played a big role. When it was running I did weekly 8 gallon water changes, ran a skimmer, carbon and only dosed alk and cal. I’m also a firm believer in t5 lighting. There are many beautiful led lit tanks but I had my best success running t5.

https://www.omegasea.net/

Nico_853853

View Badges
Reaction score
Wow that’s quite the compliment!!! Thank you! I think keeping things simple with the tank played a big role. When it was running I did weekly 8 gallon water changes, ran a skimmer, carbon and only dosed alk and cal. I’m also a firm believer in t5 lighting. There are many beautiful led lit tanks but I had my best success running t5.
Ohhh Ok. Keep it up!

kschweer

Zoas!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Nice photos...what type of lights are you using and also settings...and what type of camera are you using to take pictures
Lights were a 6 bulb tek t5 fixture with 4 blue+, 1 coral+ and a purple+ with a reefbrite led strip mounted to it. Those pictures were actually taken with my iPhone.

Top Shelf Aquatics

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Lights were a 6 bulb tek t5 fixture with 4 blue+, 1 coral+ and a purple+ with a reefbrite led strip mounted to it. Those pictures were actually taken with my iPhone.
Good job once again...I just made the purchase for the coral view lens v2 lastnight to start taking some cool photos...The photos I am taking now are too blue...

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
I wanna know the specs on camera settings for taking good photos. Anyone got tips?
I think the basics are the type of camera you are using and the light settings...most people go with the polylab filters to get great photos, in order NOT to disrupt their light settings.

Albertan22

View Badges
Reaction score
I wanna know the specs on camera settings for taking good photos. Anyone got tips?
Check the sticky’s in the photography forum! Lots of great stuff there for both dslr camera tips and cell phone cameras.

Corals.com

What is your most favorite type of reef tank?

• SPS dominated

Votes: 126 22.3%
  • LPS dominated

Votes: 33 5.9%
  • Soft Coral dominated

Votes: 16 2.8%
  • Zoa dominated

Votes: 13 2.3%
  • Mixed Reef

Votes: 354 62.8%
  • Fish focused

Votes: 10 1.8%