New Year New changes to My Reef Tank since Joining REEF2REEF

Allan3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reef2Reef & Happy New Year. I've made a lot of changes to my Reef Tank since joining a few months ago. Since the Reef2Reef Community gave me all the inspiration & ideas from searching through Forums I just wanted to share.

The Biggest thing I did was make a Controller Tower, it was something I definitely wanted to do for a long time but finally got the confidence to try.
IMG_1375.JPG
IMG_1430.JPG
IMG_1434.JPG

My wires weren't really this messy lol I was already in the process of taking everything down.
IMG_1439.JPG

Rewiring Everything was Definitely no easy task and took a lot of planning before I even started; biggest problem was making sure the cords were long enough to reach the Tower.
IMG_1459.JPG

This was the bottom of Tank after I finished rewiring everything. As you can see wayyyy less cords, everything was originally on the back wall. After removing everything I patched all the holes that was left from the equipment. But I still wasn't satisfied. I decided I wanted a bigger sump and wanted my tank to filter more naturally and wanted to removed all the Reactors. Oh and no the Hanna Temp Checker doesn't sit there permanently I was checking the Temp lol.
IMG_1579.JPG

I removed my old Sump & most of the Reactors and added a Trigger Systems Sump, Chaeto & a Kessil H380 that isn't pictured.
IMG_1584.JPG
IMG_1577.JPG
IMG_1578.JPG

Afterwards I decided to Paint my Fish Closets Gray and patch all the holes in the Wall that I had made lol.
IMG_1707.JPG
IMG_1708.JPG
IMG_1301.JPG

IMG_1615.JPG

I ended up removing my Huge Orange Montipora from the left side of Tank & took to LFS. I added a lot of new SPS frags so the Left side looks a little bare at the moment.
IMG_1540.JPG

Back