I'm curious how people live with their tanks in their homes

stanleo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am curious and would like to start a thread about how people live with their tanks in their home. Where the display is located. Near a TV, in your living room, bedroom that kind of thing. How do you relax watching your tank? That kind of thing.

My tanks are in my living room on the opposite side of the room from the TV so I don't get distracted from watching them. I usually spend a good half hour to an hour laying on my couch watching the fish. And if I fall asleep doing this, its the best nap ever. In fact, I never nap in my bed.

Totally understand if you don't want to share pics of the inside of your home but here is mine.

living with tanks. ].jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I place tank(s) where I spend my most time in order to enjoy them. Two in my Den and one in living room

600ggg.JPG
wrs 7.20a.jpg

Last edited:

Aheinz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My current tank is placed right next to my computer desk in my bedroom, also visible from my bed. Soon enough I'll be starting my new tank and itll be on a wall between my door an closet viewable when I turn away from my desk and from the bed easily.

andrewkw

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I gotta do some cleanup before I post new pics but I've got my main display in my dinning room. This ensures not only I see it all the time but everyone else. My at home office is also in the dinning room in addition to table so I see it a lot while working.

I have another tank in my living room, and then the weird / frag / qt misc stuff in it's own room that doesn't need to be on display.

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In other houses I've lived in I've had them in the living room so I could see them most of the day. However, this house does not leave me with much options. It is the largest house I have ever lived in but, there are so many windows , and built-in shelves that I am forced to put the tank in the basement where I have to make it a point to go down and look at it. My 34 gallon is on main floor but in a awkward place where it is not very visibly either. That is the one thing I hate about this house. Next time I buy a new house I will definitely make sure to consider for tank placements before buying!
Picture of 34 gal on main floor
72369590-d71c-4a1a-9082-218f56f8e353-jpeg.1279882

image.jpg

Last edited:

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My home is a mess but I’m gimpy today. Ignore the foot of the husband “watching the game” and the kid getting her much unneeded beauty rest.

Two of my tanks are in the living room. From where I sit I have a great view of either. Though I do plan an upgrade on the freshwater setup eventually, I’m very happy with my view of them.
B260D10C-6274-42C9-BAA1-ABB18E433073.jpeg
6DA2112A-D06A-4620-B0EB-17B2E1C63DC4.jpeg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back