I'm designing my sump! Opinion needed

marclwheeler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i have a 5'L x 18"D x 21"T tank my skimmer is a swc 300 so it is a big one...will use every bit of that 18" depth... need to know some design that others have used...

I have some ideas i have used in the past sump i have made...but i would like to make this my mack daddy sump build...

so i would love to see pics of others sumps that you have built... so i can barrow some of it and impliment it into my design...CAD pics are good, tho i like to see the finished product... thanks folks

one last thing... please let me know why you did something and only picture sump designs that where successful after implimenting thanks all

OP
OP
M

marclwheeler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
doesn't really matter i plan on prolly adjusting the baffle as necessary... I mostly looking for designs an pics not help on the flow... but for the record prolly like 1500-1700

greg0385

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have that same skimmer. I believe it works in 8-10 inches of water. I really hope so as i am building my 75gallon sump to have 10" baffles.

OP
OP
M

marclwheeler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i was gonna do 11" baffles & then put the skimmer on a 4" stand so i can drain the collection cup into my sewage never have to worry bout it except maybe once everfew weeks to clean the neck out...

so if you got a 75g then you will have the same issue as i will... you need to raise that up 4" which will give you 1" for the collection cup drain hose to clear the side of the tank... luke told me 8" is perfect for the 300... so i was gonna put my baffles at 11" givin me 1-2" of wier and and then the skimmer on a 4" stand that will do 2 things give me clearence for the CC drain and then no deitrus collection around the skimmer hopefully less PO in my tank and less maintainance... I will even have my rock suspended off the sump floor... so that deitrus doesn't collect there... again less maintenance!

snooked321

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is only a 20g long sump on a 40g cube

DSC02919.jpg

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 84 45.2%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 85 45.7%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 17 9.1%
Back