Im done with ecotech who makes a reliable led?

Fourstars

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I'm saying is the orphek light bars are completely sealed up but they can also be taken apart and serviced. So if a led goes out you can take it apart and replace the individual led yourself. The kessil leds aren't able to be replaced. So if they burn out you just have to throw the whole light away which seems like a waste to me.

Also notice the aluminum heatsinks. Gotta say I'm very impressed with the Orphek OR2 light bars after receiving them this week. These lights were over built. Two Or2 120's put out almost the same par as the two 80 watt t5's they replaced after measuring them both with my apogee meter.

PSX_20191227_193435.jpg DEPIyFK.jpg imageproxy.jpeg

I’ve been looking at these to replace the t-5’s that have a bad ballast. Did you go with the actinic or the 50/50? Where did you order? I heard that some are getting hit with duties/tariffs from shipper?

TheOne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been looking at these to replace the t-5’s that have a bad ballast. Did you go with the actinic or the 50/50? Where did you order? I heard that some are getting hit with duties/tariffs from shipper?

I ordered straight from James at orphek. [email protected]

Two OR2 120's came out to $320 shipped. Unfortunately I've seen where they were hit with tariffs so I would expect the same.

I went with the blue plus. They are way too blue to be used alone but I can dial up my kessils and still get any daylight setting easily. My schedule is or2 12 hours and kessils 8 hours. I may bump up the kessils to 10 hours but so far the current schedule is working out great.

lexinverts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I stand corrected. Thanks for sharing. Funny this video didn't turn up in any of my Google searches. Most companies that make this kind of product and claim to be American made, only do some final assembly in the states. It looks like Ecotech does have a robot assembly line that makes their LED boards in PA. I still don't like the Radion design, but that is cool that they are able to make their boards in PA.

Ecotech raised their prices directly in response to the tariffs on Chinese imports, but I guess it was just because of higher costs for the Chinese made components, such as the leds themselves.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 26.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 36.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back