I'm flabbergasted!!!

Wen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please tell me this is going to be ok.... ;Nailbiting

One of my favorite fish came from Aquarium Creations Online, so I decided to try them again.

I placed an order for 2 coris wrasses and 1 flame hawkfish. I sent a follow up email asking for a smaller hawkfish and if they could send the fish to a Fed EX holding facility that I would pick the fish up there.

I get a call from ACO this evening asking what the Fed Ex address is. I found this a little odd because they have my home address and isn't there only one holding facility per city? IDK, anyhow, found the address for them. They also said, "got your 2 fish packed and ready to go.", and I said "you mean 3 fish?". Whoops, didn't see that in the order. Well, we can give you a credit on your next purchase. I said, ok, cause I'm looking for some convicts. End of conversation.

Just now I see the emailed tracking information and PANIC! The tracking is from UPS :oops: and is going to the Fed Ex facility!!! They sent the fish through UPS to Fed Ex.

What in the world ??? o_O

I then went to the ACO web site to confirm that I am not nuts and it states "Free Overnight Fed Ex shipping In Florida".
Why, oh why are they using UPS to ship to Fed Ex?

Will Fed Ex hold the box for me? :eek:
What is going to happen here?;Bored

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s very typical to use multiple shippers- I wouldn’t be too concerned as long as the tracking shows it should arrive the next day.

OP
OP
Wen

Wen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s very typical to use multiple shippers- I wouldn’t be too concerned as long as the tracking shows it should arrive the next day.
So it's ok for UPS to deliver a package to FedEx? Somehow FedEx will know that I am coming for the box?

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it's ok for UPS to deliver a package to FedEx? Somehow FedEx will know that I am coming for the box?

It shouldn't be a problem. Shipping companies do this all the time. It's probably faster to ship it UPS to get the package there than wait for fed ex to pick the package up.

Now why would ACO do this... because you told them to. You asked them to ship it to a fed ex holding facility, so they are.

Give the Fed Ex facility a call in the morning to explain and make sure they know that it is coming UPS and have the tracking number handy.

OP
OP
Wen

Wen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It shouldn't be a problem. Shipping companies do this all the time. It's probably faster to ship it UPS to get the package there than wait for fed ex to pick the package up.

Now why would ACO do this... because you told them to. You asked them to ship it to a fed ex holding facility, so they are.

Give the Fed Ex facility a call in the morning to explain and make sure they know that it is coming UPS and have the tracking number handy.
Ok, I’ll call the fed ex facility in the morning.

ACO states on their website they use fed ex. That is the only reason I asked them to hold it at the fed ex facility....to save the fish from riding around town. 3C22940D-7313-4A64-BCE3-5978918DC101.jpeg
Now they still get to ride around town.

OP
OP
Wen

Wen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to conclude this thread:

UPS tracking status showed box out for delivery this morning (to fed ex), eta 10:30.
At 10:00 I get email stating undeliverable due to incorrect name/address...
(You can’t get a live person on the phone at either carrier so I decided to drive to both. )

The Ups store gave me the local truck dispatchers number and that kind lady arranged for me to meet the truck at one of his stops.

This was a huge hassle...
asking for my fish to be held for pickup, only because ACO used one carrier to deliver to another carrier.

The fish are in good health.

Eggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad it worked out. I wonder if UPS prevents the package from heading to Memphis first for Fed Ex sorting? You would be surprised with the routing; one order I received from WWC went through Memphis to be delivered, and I’m only a couple of hours away from the store.

I’ve never heard of them until now and looked up, could the order be picked up considering their location?
Judging by name they are probably prohibited for local pickup. I’m close to Reef Cleaners and they don’t allow pickup.

Last edited:

Conrad Noto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to conclude this thread:

UPS tracking status showed box out for delivery this morning (to fed ex), eta 10:30.
At 10:00 I get email stating undeliverable due to incorrect name/address...
(You can’t get a live person on the phone at either carrier so I decided to drive to both. )

The Ups store gave me the local truck dispatchers number and that kind lady arranged for me to meet the truck at one of his stops.

This was a huge hassle...
asking for my fish to be held for pickup, only because ACO used one carrier to deliver to another carrier.

The fish are in good health.
Happy you got them. I'm a little panicked, I ordered last Saturday after they were suggest for Haddoni Carpet Anemone, then saw all the bad ratings and complaints. Hope they come thru.

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back