IM Fusion 10 - Zoa Dominated - Stand in process. Many pics.

Edd29

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings all!

I use to have a pico 1.5 gallon and loved it. Eventually I had to leave for a week and a half and had to leave it with my roommate to try take care of it. I came back to a couple corals that had died. He tried, and that's part of the hobby. It gave me the excuse to upgrade to a IM Fusion 10 and get a couple fish. Also I would be able to add an ATO and a skimmer

The Pico

I have had the Fusion up for about a month now and finally got around to mounting the corals.

I am currently building a stand with help from my friend, in which we are about to finish. I have added pictures for future Fusion 10 lovers to get ideas.

Tank:
IM Fusion 10

Light:
Coral Compulsion Par38

Hardware:
Stock Pump

Filtration:
Pico Skim 2.0
Filter floss
Chemi-Pure blue

Salt
Coral Pro Salt
Fish
Firefish - Purple
Firefish

Water Changes:
Weekly
40-50%

Looking to get an ATO and maybe upgrading the pump in the near future. I will get better pictures when I get a chance, but cellphone pictures will have to do for now. Trying to keep everything off the sand and make it somewhat zen. Lets see how long that goes for.

OP
OP
E

Edd29

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

rdevoe11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
definitely following as I intend on picking one of these up later this year! looking great so far!

OP
OP
E

Edd29

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stand looks great.
Thank you!
Looks really nice! Looking forward to seeing more.
Thanks, me too! Ahaha
definitely following as I intend on picking one of these up later this year! looking great so far!
Im loving it so far. My only recommendation is to upgrade the pump. I might just get a wp-10
looks great! Excellent job on the stand.
Thank you! For once we aren't rushing. :)
Anymore updates, How are you liking the tank thus far? I'm planning a similar build!
Sorry for taking so long to update, but its going very well! Everything is going well, and loving the tank. Like I mention before I suggest getting a bit more flow in the tank. The stock pump simply isn't enough. Right now my focus is getting the finished this weekend. So hopefully I will get some pictures up soon!

OP
OP
E

Edd29

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally finished my stand. I am extremely happy on how it turned out. The tank sits just under eye level so you can see everything in the tank as you are walking by. As well as walking down the stairs. I ended up pulling the trigger, I bought the Jebao WP10 and immediately saw results. Once I unpack, I will pull out the SLR and take a few pictures.

alex_moua

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like your lighting design, can you send me a link on the how you get the silver lamp. I have the same light but can find a good solution to place the bulb into. Thank you

OP
OP
E

Edd29

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like your lighting design, can you send me a link on the how you get the silver lamp. I have the same light but can find a good solution to place the bulb into. Thank you

I had this lamp from the previous tank I had. I just unscrewed the base and then clamped it down.
Here is the link for the lamp: LERSTA Floor/reading lamp - IKEA

Hope it helps!

OP
OP
E

Edd29

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love this! Gorgeous! Would that same lamp work for a 30 gallon? I love the Zen idea. Can you explain that idea to me?

Depends on your dimensions of the tank. I would probably use 2 lamps to be safe.

Best way to explain would to look at this image.
https://meccinteriors.files.wordpre...-backyard-image-interiordesignarticle_com.jpg

If you notice the sand is very open with nothing on it. Currently I still have a couple corals on the sand that I will eventually move to the rock. Such as the blondies zoas. I have a chalice that I'm trying to recuperate that eventually well be taken out of the tank. I want all corals off the sand in a couple months.

OP
OP
E

Edd29

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added a couple corals. GSP, pink millepora, and a rainbow montipora. Took these with my phone. I will take close ups of all corals tomorrow. That way I can see if there is any growth, before and after pictures.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 48.8%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 17 20.7%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 19 23.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 7.3%
Back