IM Fusion 15 gallon tank

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I was generously gifted the IM Fusion 15 gallon tank by my R2R Secret Santa. I figured now would be the time to start a build thread for it.

I have the tank, end table for the stand and upgraded the pump. I just ordered the helio heater, screen top, Nuvo skimmer and the media basket.

I am still debating on a few other things to order. I’m thinking of going with the AI prime light. I’m still debating the stock list. I’m thinking zoas, LPS and maybe a BTA.

C9B207BE-5CE1-40A2-BEB8-AE942B5BF2EF.jpeg

OP
OP
SeahorseKeeper

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m still waiting on the skimmer, screen top, and heater. Those things aren’t necessary to begin the cycle.

El Reeflero

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's the tank? I assume the water has cleared up. I have the same up and running. It's been a few weeks. I'm running the big pump (528) with dual nozzles, a Kessil A80 (love this light - plenty for my mostly shroom tank), and a Bubble Magus MiniQ skimmer (insanely good skimmer in a tiny package - BELIEVE THE HYPE - incredible performance- no, I don't work for them!). Only one clown in thus far.

OP
OP
SeahorseKeeper

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just found this thread. It’s looking really good and coming along nice

Thank you again!!

Everything is coming along nicely!! The tank is cycling and the diatoms are starting to appear.

I think I have settled on doing a pair of clowns, a BTA or two, and then a zoa garden.

OP
OP
SeahorseKeeper

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FD446CFD-0524-4BB4-99A5-3D2F1F2B261D.jpeg

The tank is progressing nicely! I have some snails and my two frostbite frozen clowns. They have settled in and are doing quite well.

My intent is to do water changes at least every other week. I’m leaning more to every week. The tank isn’t that big so doing the water change is easy peasy.

I’m thinking of starting to get into corals towards the end of February. The main challenge with adding corals is that I have to travel at least two hours to get to a LFS. I’ll have to keep an eye out for any good deals for online shipping, but I’m hesitant to have anything shipped. I live in a rural area so that kinda complicates things.

OP
OP
SeahorseKeeper

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question, how many snails did you add for your tank ?
I started with around ten cerith snails, 6 trochus and around 6 astrea/turbo snails.

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great. For deals on shipping, I’d look at live sales. Most of the time they offer either free shipping modules or a $25 or $50 gift cards for thread participation which essentially equates to close to free shipping

OP
OP
SeahorseKeeper

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I did a thing. I added an anemone. It is doing quite well. The parameters are stable and I have a good routine established. The anemone found its spot and is now hosting the clowns.

1871FAD8-10A6-4D74-B9F1-A704B997DED5.jpeg

C11C6DC6-A041-4D3C-8069-E41C511661A1.jpeg

The pics aren’t the best because if I go near the tank, they expect food.

As far as everything else goes, the tank is doing really well. The diatoms are pretty much gone.

I have a few days off from work this upcoming week, so I think I’m going to add some corals this week.

Last edited:

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s awesome! I have a pair of clowns that host the corner of my tank and then a “normal” pair in my wife’s tank that take to any anemone you give them

Erikinsac

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is looking great! New guy here. I just ordered an IM 15gal. I'm excited to make a nano reef. I haven't done a salt tank since 1997. Anyway, just wanted to thank everyone sharing setups and equipment and knowledge. it helps us new (old) guys out!

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 21 23.6%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 24.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back