IM Fusion 30L mixed reef

Zoaeasy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few years back, before PAR readings became a popular tool in our industry, a local store made the test with the JBJ fixture updating the bulbs with two 14K lamps... Considering the Nuvo Fusion is only 13" deep and the lights are 6" over the screen, he obtained a consistent par reading of 216/249/287 at 18" 13" 8" respectively, which made this fixture optimal to grow SPS corals (even placed at the bottom) with no problems.

As far as I understand, this model has been discontinued, but there is a lot of stock floating around with suppliers and they can still be found fairly easy.

Sorry for abducting EchoPapaGolf's thread, please carry on... :)
Do you have a pic of this on your tank. Sep ifi
Well I unboxed the skimmer and test fit it in the first overflow chamber. It's a tight fit but it's in there. I'm curious to see if there's enough space for the water to flow into the chamber. Here's a few pics. @Zoaeasy

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
I have my skimmer in the second chamber.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice build so far!

OP
OP
EchoPapaGolf

EchoPapaGolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have started things today but this hurricane and the possibility of power outages made me delay things for a few days.

Zoaeasy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the hurricane has passed, the sun was shining today, and power has been restored. Adding water tomorrow!
I am still waiting for rocks , but filled mine with water just to try the MP10 and see how the lights look. I am also surprised the I still have the shimmer with the he Kessils and the T5.

Last edited:

Zoaeasy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Zoaeasy what are you going to program your MP10 at? And what %?
I have no idea yet. Have only used Gyre's so far so will have to play around once I have the rocks in place.

I am going to have the gyre On the opposite end to flush the bottom periodically. I am thinking of using reef crest or tide swell around 30 %. What are you using?
I am also ver happy that the Kessils shimmer is still present with the T5's . I have read conflicting reports that the T 5's will cancel the shimmer.

OP
OP
EchoPapaGolf

EchoPapaGolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered the inTank surface skimmers to raise the water level and add 2-3 gallons to the system. I'm not going to be able to do anything too crazy.

image.png

Zoaeasy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered the inTank surface skimmers to raise the water level and add 2-3 gallons to the system. I'm not going to be able to do anything too crazy.

image.png
Ooh like very much Looks Like I will be doing some online shopping again. I have an Intank media basket for my Cadlights seahorse aquarium and love the quality.

Back