IM Fusion 30L mixed reef

EchoPapaGolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up an Innovative Marine Fusion 30L from WWC in Orlando yesterday. My first time there and all I can say is wow! I'll be back as soon as my tank cycles for some frags.

Equipment
-Sicce 1.5 return pump
-Tunze 9004 DC skimmer
-Vortech MP10QDW
-Intank media basket

I ordered some Tropic Eden Reefflakes and miniflakes from Premium Aquatics as well as some Key Largo rock and prime cuts from Marco Rocks.

Just need to decide on lighting. Had a Radion on my last tank but I've been leaning towards going with T5s and a Reefbrite for this build. But the staff at WWC showed me a nano display with 2 AI Primes that looked incredible! So now I'm torn. Everything else should be here in the next few days so I need to figure this out ASAP.

And because you can't start a build thread without a pic here's the obligatory new tank photo.

image.jpeg

Zoaeasy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

T5 slid back

I am redoing mine and going with a combination of Aquatic life HO T 5 two bulbs and two Kessils 360 WE
Tuna Blue's . I am going with the Kessil because I already have them and have to buy a light for my new Cadlights 60 cube so budget is tight. They grow LPS well but not great with SPS.Therfore I am adding T5s
image.jpg

T5 slid forward.

I am going to follow your build.
This is just the tank with a few rocks thrown in I am going for a Iwagumi scape and bare bottom. This will be mainly SPS Favia and Zoas . The T5 slides back for maintenance There is only one Kessil on at present.

juanrmattos

- Frag Plug Hater -
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! What are you doing for lights @juanrmattos?

In all honesty, I want two Gen 4 Ecotech Radions, but I can't afford that at the moment, so instead I will be using a JBJ 36" Trinity T5 fixture matched with Korallen Zutch Coral Light bulbs... The setup matches the display blueprint to 1", is a bit limited as far as controllability goes, but should do the work.

JBJ%20Trinity.jpg

Last edited:

Zoaeasy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good @Zoaeasy! How wide is the T5 dual fixture? I might be able to mount 2 Primes on goosenecks similar to your setup.
The fitting states 30" but it really is 29" The arms extend and I have 2.5" on each side .It has a basic on off timer.this pic is from inside taken upwards. The actual width is 5.5". The bulbs is more to the front and with the Kessil having a very small Led cluster the slight overhang is not a problem. I will obviously be making adjustments when the rocks and corals are in.The other option is to have the Kessils at the back and the T5 forward.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

Zoaeasy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In all honesty, I want two Gen 4 Ecotech Radions, but I can't afford that at the moment, so instead I will be using a JBJ 36" Trinity T5 fixture matched with Korallen Zutch Coral Light bulbs... The setup matches the display blueprint to 1", is a bit limited as far as controllability goes, but should do the work.

JBJ%20Trinity.jpg
I have never seen this before . What is the length of the bulbs?

OP
OP
EchoPapaGolf

EchoPapaGolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That JBJ is the T5 fixture I was actually looking at. I like that it has a hinge so you don't have to take the whole light off every time you need in the tank.

juanrmattos

- Frag Plug Hater -
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That JBJ is the T5 fixture I was actually looking at. I like that it has a hinge so you don't have to take the whole light off every time you need in the tank.

Correct.... The only thing with this particular fixture is having to use timers, but for the money, it seems like a perfect option. I found mine brand new in the box on eBay for a lot less than any other advertised price online (One year warranty as well).

Zoaeasy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FedEx man brought me a few packages this morning. My skimmer and Marco Rock.

image.jpeg
I run the Hydor Koralia nano skim but not entirely happy with it. Would love to see some pics of how the Tunze fits in the back ,specifically the height. I am going to have a black acrylic piece laser cut to cover the rear chamber . The Hydor will fit underneath the cover plate .

Zoaeasy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correct.... The only thing with this particular fixture is having to use timers, but for the money, it seems like a perfect option. I found mine brand new in the box on eBay for a lot less than any other advertised price online (One year warranty as well).
You have some serious T 5 wattage there Mine is only 2 x 24watts Plus the Kessils.

juanrmattos

- Frag Plug Hater -
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have some serious T 5 wattage there Mine is only 2 x 24watts Plus the Kessils.

A few years back, before PAR readings became a popular tool in our industry, a local store made the test with the JBJ fixture updating the bulbs with two 14K lamps... Considering the Nuvo Fusion is only 13" deep and the lights are 6" over the screen, he obtained a consistent par reading of 216/249/287 at 18" 13" 8" respectively, which made this fixture optimal to grow SPS corals (even placed at the bottom) with no problems.

As far as I understand, this model has been discontinued, but there is a lot of stock floating around with suppliers and they can still be found fairly easy.

Sorry for abducting EchoPapaGolf's thread, please carry on... :)

juanrmattos

- Frag Plug Hater -
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The center chamber water level will fluctuate between 1" and 2" bellow the internal overflow bracket, it should give you enough water to be at the recommended level... I'm not familiar with your skimmer model though.

Please keep in mind those side chambers are going to be your main filtration mechanism (Regardless of what you decide to use inside of them, re: media baskets, refugium etc). :)

OP
OP
EchoPapaGolf

EchoPapaGolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This skimmer has to be mounted sideways to fit in any of the chambers. It fits in the center but impedes the return line. So it's either one of the corner overflows or nothing

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 21.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back