Im new, couple questions

Fakegolfnews

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have three tangs a yellow, purple, and something called a kole tang. I have had them for about three weeks and they are doing great, i feed them zuchini mostly, but my roomate fed them cheetos and they seem to like that. They are really cool.

I have my three tangs in a 15 gallon tank and they fit just fine. They do fight some, but other than that they are pretty cool. I think i might get a blue one too, but the guy at my local fish store said that since i only have a 15 gallon tank that i would need to get a cannister filter if I wanted to put another tang in my tank.

I looked at some other fish and think i might get a puffer fish, a triger fish or a mandarin fish instead so i don't have to get a filter. I might just get a fourth tang however as my hang on the back filter has two pads so i bet it is good enough.

Oh i was wondering is it true that lionfish are venomous? Cause they are really cool. I wonder if i got the little mandarin if i could put a lionfish in the tank? That's almost 3 gallons of water per fish so they have plenty of room to swim around.

PBar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
Just to be sure, could you please confirm that the 3 tangs are in a 15 gallon aquarium?

If that is the case, please, I honestly recommend you not to introduce a blue tang (or anything else) in this tank.

I’ll hold other advices before you confirm the size of the tank.
Cheers!

PBar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man... I read again the whole question... “Cheetos“ :)

Nice one :)

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would do a lot more research. A 15 gallon tank is too small for even ONE tang.
Mandarins are specialty feeders and will starve to death in a tank that is not properly stocked with Copepods. That’s what they eat.
In my opinion, the people at the fish store that you shop at are giving you bad advice and have no regard for the well being of the livestock they are selling you.
You should spend some time searching this forum. There are many very knowledgeable people here that can guide you in the right direction to having a happy and healthy tank.
Oh, Cheetos are not even good for people to eat, let alone herbivorous fish.

Philly Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really hope this is a trolling post.
If not, please read up more about the fish requirements. Those tangs are not happy.
They need more space and different foods.

Please read/watch more about all the stuffs needed for tangs.

Do not follow 3 gallons per fish. That is not accurate at all

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would strongly recommend the cannister filter if you decide to continue feeding cheetos so that your water doesn't turn too orange. Plus that would also allow for the addition of the blue tang who I'm sure will also like the cheetos.

He is obviously trolling since he is a "well-known member" and has had his account for 2 years

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back