I'm new!!!

r2r-gif-welcome.gif
 
Hi Bethany! Welcome! I am new too but starting out much smaller - a 29 gallon. I don't have any fish or corals yet.
I like your tank. How large is it?
Hey! Welcome to you as well! Thank you, it gets a lot of extra TLC since I am stuck at home on quarantine. 29 gallons is a good size to start with. My tank is a little under 150 gallons running for about 3 years. Do you know what kinds of organisms you are going to start with?
 
Well, right now I am thinking of one or two ocellaris clowns, one or more peaceful type blue damsels and a royal gramma. Have not figured out the cleaning crew. I want to start out with beginner corals like xenia, mushrooms etc.
Have not bought the rock yet because the LFS is pick up only. Have to decide on a reverse osmosis system and better 30 inch light fixture. This is fun to study everything and I love the blog. Have been amazed by the complexity and variety of the hobby. I would appreciate any thoughts/advice.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new