IM Nuvo 25 gallon stand

sheeb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have a cheaper option for the im nuvo 25 g stand? Don’t want to spend 400 bucks on it and don’t have the space to make a diy one unless it’s a kit. If there’s anything anybody knows of, let me know! Thanks

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You can DIY it there’s some good videos on YouTube and photos on here for inspiration. Stands are typically more expensive than the tanks that’s just the reality. But know it should be solid wood and able to support around 300-400+ lbs. Alternatively you could have a local carpenter make one but it’s more than likely going to be around the same cost if not more than buying a stand.

OP
OP
S

sheeb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can DIY it there’s some good videos on YouTube and photos on here for inspiration. Stands are typically more expensive than the tanks that’s just the reality. But know it should be solid wood and able to support around 400+ lbs.
Yeah, If I had the space I’d build one but I’m in an apartment. IKEA has a few cabinet stands for sale but ikea isn’t known for their durability. Had experience myself with a ikea desk… fell apart within 1 year from just using it as a workplace

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah, If I had the space I’d build one but I’m in an apartment. IKEA has a few cabinet stands for sale but ikea isn’t known for their durability. Had experience myself with a ikea desk… fell apart within 1 year from just using it as a workplace
I definitely wouldn’t do an IKEA stand or use any typical furniture for that matter and supporting weight is typically stated but furniture won’t support a saltwater fish tank unless it’s a pico tank. If you look at the tank dimensions you may be able to find another stand that fits by another brand. I think your best bet is to start contacting local carpenters or saltwater aquarium installation/maintenance companies near you. If you just want something like a few beams of wood together that’s going to be cheaper but not look as nice aesthetically as a really well made and painted stand.

OP
OP
S

sheeb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I definitely wouldn’t do an IKEA stand or use any typical furniture for that matter and supporting weight is typically stated but furniture won’t support a saltwater fish tank unless it’s a pico tank. If you look at the tank dimensions you may be able to find another stand that fits by another brand. I think your best bet is to start contacting local carpenters or saltwater aquarium installation/maintenance companies near you. If you just want something like a few beams of wood together that’s going to be cheaper but not look as nice aesthetically as a really well made and painted stand.
Good call didn’t even think about contacting carpenters or lfs. Ikeas out of the equation trust me haha, have a love hate relationship with them

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good call didn’t even think about contacting carpenters or lfs. Ikeas out of the equation trust me haha, have a love hate relationship with them
OMG! I think we all do lol. For instance my dresser has a beam that’s supposed to be in the back not the front it’s been like that for years and won’t be coming apart to be fixed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

sheeb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG! I think we all do lol. For instance my dresser has a beam that’s supposed to be in the back not the front it’s been like that for years and won’t be coming apart to fix it lol.
I couldn’t imagine what would happen if I threw a fish tank on an ikea cabinet, dresser, or whatever lol

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 54 78.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.8%
Back