IM Nuvo EXT 100 Planning

Couesfanatic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered a IM Nuvo 100 EXT in White! Looking for a sump currently. Looking at Geos sump: https://www.geosreef.com/product/geo-su36r-pro/

Should I get the Clarisea? or run filter socks?
Which return pump would I need? Vectra s2 m2? Is the Nyos 120 or 160 skimmer any good?
This will be in an office so I need quiet and no smells.

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on the tank, I would wait to see exactly how much room you have on the inside of the stand, are you getting a shelf as well, I painted my APS stand white, I would love to get this as my next tank, so I can put my Geo 24" sump in it, but boy that 30" model is something.

OP
OP
C

Couesfanatic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The shelf comes with the stand now, so that will be nice. IM says the inside is 44.25 by 19.31 inches. The Geos 36 sump us 36x15. I figure the controller and other electronics will go up top on the shelf. Hopefully find a ATO container to fit next to the sump.

Mike Kearns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the IM Nuvo 100 EXT club lol! I went with the Fijicube 30 in mine. Left me enough room for ato reservoir and equipment cabinet. The Geo's Reef sumps are super nice though.

Nick Steele

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been looking at this tank for an upgrade and I have looked up a few sumps. And although premade sumps are nice I couldn’t find a good fit that gave me a nice skimmer and Refugium section. The fijicubes Refugium is small for my liking.

I’ve come to the idea that I would have to do a custom sump be it diy or order one I’ll figure that out when the time comes.

OP
OP
C

Couesfanatic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I'm assuming the 30 was large enough to pass power failure tests? I'm still looking at different sumps and equipment. Trying to decide on sump and also if I want to run a roller filter or cups with filter floss.

I'm kind of leading towards this. Am I crazy to spend this much money on a sump?

• 1x GEO SU36R-PRO-AFR
    $1,399.00
  • Color - Gray and Blue
    $100.00
  • Drain Size - 1″
    -
  • Drain Side - Left
    -
  • Pump - Vectra M2
    $374.99
  • Skimmer - NYOS 160
    $499.99
  • Skimmer Chamber Lid - 1 Skimmer Lid
    $45.00
  • AFR Cover/Dirty Side Roll - Cover
    $100.00
  • Filter Rolls - 2 Filter Rolls
    $56.00
  • Subtotal $2,574.98

Last edited:

Nick Steele

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nick this would work: http://www.triggersys.com/ts/sapphire39/

It would take up the whole stand and leave no room for ATO or electrical.
Yeah I’ve looked at many sumps. The closest I could come to actually liking was the trigger systems 34” would leave enough room skimmer and decent refugium and room for ato and would the do electrical on the outside of tank.

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Nick Steele - congrats on the new tank. The EXT series are nice systems. And, the prefect setup to add a couple of 3/4in Random Flow Generator® Nozzles to.

Those tank come with genuine Loc-Line modular hose, so the RFG is directly compatible wit the stock pluming

SPS2020

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah I’ve looked at many sumps. The closest I could come to actually liking was the trigger systems 34” would leave enough room skimmer and decent refugium and room for ato and would the do electrical on the outside of tank.

That's the one I went with; I have the 26" on a 60 gallon and knew that I liked the layout and cost. Pleased with both of them. I need to post some new pics of the system on my thread. BTW, check with Trigger Systems for blemished sumps and ATO tanks...got both for a reduced price and could not tell them from new. Prices include shipping, no tax and full warranty.

SPS2020

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Nick Steele - congrats on the new tank. The EXT series are nice systems. And, the prefect setup to add a couple of 3/4in Random Flow Generator® Nozzles to.

Those tank come with genuine Loc-Line modular hose, so the RFG is directly compatible wit the stock pluming

I have two RFG's on mine and like the performance. The only drawback for me is that they will sometimes suck air if they are close to the surface. Thought about filling one of the intake slots with silicone or similar to see if it would prevent the issue. I don't want them too far down below the water line as to back syphon and overfill the sump when the return is off. I would never trust a check valve. :)

Mr. Fishy Fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered a IM Nuvo 100 EXT in White! Looking for a sump currently. Looking at Geos sump: https://www.geosreef.com/product/geo-su36r-pro/

Should I get the Clarisea? or run filter socks?
Which return pump would I need? Vectra s2 m2? Is the Nyos 120 or 160 skimmer any good?
This will be in an office so I need quiet and no smells.

I think you should consider a DIY sump, these branded sumps are way to expensive for what you get out of them. Building a sump is cheap and easy. You could go to the glass shop and get them to cut specific sized pieces for baffles and go from there. You could even get a roller to add to the sump. Also, you can buy hang on filter socks if you prefer those. This is just an alternative and my 2 cents gl.

tricky_tran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I'm assuming the 30 was large enough to pass power failure tests? I'm still looking at different sumps and equipment. Trying to decide on sump and also if I want to run a roller filter or cups with filter floss.

I'm kind of leading towards this. Am I crazy to spend this much money on a sump?

• 1x GEO SU36R-PRO-AFR
    $1,399.00
  • Color - Gray and Blue
    $100.00
  • Drain Size - 1″
    -
  • Drain Side - Left
    -
  • Pump - Vectra M2
    $374.99
  • Skimmer - NYOS 160
    $499.99
  • Skimmer Chamber Lid - 1 Skimmer Lid
    $45.00
  • AFR Cover/Dirty Side Roll - Cover
    $100.00
  • Filter Rolls - 2 Filter Rolls
    $56.00
  • Subtotal $2,574.98

Couesfanatic

i am actually looking at this exact same sump for an EXT 150..

OP
OP
C

Couesfanatic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
12-15 weeks. I'm in no hurry. I'm doing this tank right, no shortcuts. Still researching lighting. Thinking 3 Radion xr15's, maybe 4.

tricky_tran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
12-15 weeks. I'm in no hurry. I'm doing this tank right, no shortcuts. Still researching lighting. Thinking 3 Radion xr15's, maybe 4.
i was tossing up the idea of 4 x XR 15 or 2 XR 30's.. good luck man.. sounds like you and i are going down the same path

OP
OP
C

Couesfanatic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, I'm interested in excellent coverage. Not big on a ton of shimmer or light outside the tank. Might even consider a T5 hybrid or led strip in addition to even things out.

tricky_tran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i was originally looking at the waterbox reef pro 180.5 but didnt like or want the sump. Also not sure about the stand. IM has the alum stand. after calculating everything with the same Skimmer, Return Pump and Clarisea, the IM EX 150 with GEO Sump is like $50 more and i am ok with that. (minus the $100 special color and extra rolls). my original config of the GEO was exactly like yours, same colors and everything. decided to go white/black to save $100. Waiting to see what kind of Black Friday deals will be coming around. i am in the process of setting up an IM Encore pro 20 as a fresh water and QT tank..

OP
OP
C

Couesfanatic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking the same as far as Geo pricing. I did google last years Black Friday sales and all I could find was a discount on a reactor from Geo. My tank should be here next week so I decided to not wait any longer.

Back