IM return line help

  • Thread starter Thread starter southd14
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

southd14

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 12, 2024
Messages
258
Reaction score
128
Location
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought an IM 75 EXT and I’m mostly done setting it up. The last thing holding me up is fitting the return line to the pvc. The barb on the return pump is 3/4 so I got some vinyl tubing fitted into that.

My question is, what fitting do I need on the pvc end to connect the tubing? I don’t have any other fittings in the crate. Sorry if this is dumb…my other tanks were AIO so I have no experience with dumps whatsoever.
 
Did you watch the video of how to set it up? I have the EXT 75, and this got me through the entire set up.


Yea I used that same video. I think my issue is I’m missing the barb that goes to the bulkhead. The return hose and the barb don’t seem to have been included in the crate so I’m trying to figure out what I need to replace it.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4065.jpeg
    IMG_4065.jpeg
    83.2 KB · Views: 36
Slip to barb connection if you already have the vinyl tubing.

Bulk reef supply

There's a link. Your local hardware store might have it. They also have reducing barbs if the solid pvc is 1" and you need too reduce up 3/4 barb.

IM customer support should give you that for free, but they are fairly cheap and i wouldn't want to wait for it either.
 
Slip to barb connection if you already have the vinyl tubing.

Bulk reef supply

There's a link. Your local hardware store might have it. They also have reducing barbs if the solid pvc is 1" and you need too reduce up 3/4 barb.

IM customer support should give you that for free, but they are fairly cheap and i wouldn't want to wait for it either.
Thanks for the link. I’m thinking I should be able to grab that and some pvc glue and get this thing finished up! I’m too impatient to wait for the shipping at this point
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new