I'm running out of available dosing pump channels and programmable logic gates

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Dave-T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm about to run into the limit on dosing pumps and programmable logics. I have 20 dosing channels (4 doser 2.1's and two maxi dosers), and 8 virtual dosing pumps. That leaves just 4 more dosing channels available. I think I will be wanting to add more dosing channels and/or virtual dosers in the future.

Similarly, I have 26 programmable logic gates configured, leaving only 6 more available.

Are there any plans to increase the capacity over the current limit of 32? I suspect the limit of 32 is somewhat arbitrary - I guess GHL didn't think anyone would need any more. Well I do! Is it that unusual that I'd like to have more than 32? You can have up to 64 switch channels... Surely GHL would like to sell me more dosers!

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

What is the use of the 8 virtual dosing pumps.

Gaël

OP
OP
D

Dave-T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5 of them are to control dosing of the 4 trace elements I'm dosing in tiny quantities, using the technique @Lasse suggested in this thread:

2 of them are for controlling each of my Plank auto feeders.

And the 8th is for monitoring my ATO consumption. (I have a controllable solenoid connected to my ATO output, that I'm controlling with the Profilux. I linked a virtual dosing pump to the solenoid's switch channel, and I can then use the log on that dosing pump to see how much water my ATO is adding over time.)

All but the ATO virtual pump wouldn't be needed if GHL timers supported a resolution down to the second. So the workaround is to use virtual dosing pumps, which do support second level resolution.

OP
OP
D

Dave-T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So are there any plans to add support for more dosing pumps? Or to support timer resolution down to the second? Haven't other people had need for more than 32 dosing channels?

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5 of them are to control dosing of the 4 trace elements I'm dosing in tiny quantities, using the technique @Lasse suggested in this thread:

2 of them are for controlling each of my Plank auto feeders.

And the 8th is for monitoring my ATO consumption. (I have a controllable solenoid connected to my ATO output, that I'm controlling with the Profilux. I linked a virtual dosing pump to the solenoid's switch channel, and I can then use the log on that dosing pump to see how much water my ATO is adding over time.)

All but the ATO virtual pump wouldn't be needed if GHL timers supported a resolution down to the second. So the workaround is to use virtual dosing pumps, which do support second level resolution.
May or may not have a workaround. Timer in the short mode have second resolution. The following configuration may work in order to get a dose of 0.24 ml a day with help of the new function (wanted flow in dose pumps) 4.8 ml/min = 0.08 ml/s - 3 sec = 0,24 ml. Have not test this idea - if you use it - be sure it works. Timer 32 in my example - short att timme xx.xx and 3 sec. Switch 53 (virtual) knit to timer 32. dose pump 31 is calibrated to 5 ml/min and desired flow 4.8 ml. It reacts to switch 53 and will run 3 sec at your wanted time and if desired flow works the way I think - it will give yo 0.24 ml with 3 sec run

1686851136428.png

It may work - I´m mot 100 % sure though. With this configuration - you get "virtual! pumps and som PL gates free for other applications

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
D

Dave-T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Lasse, you came through again! Timers will totally work, and I can get rid of all my virtual dosing pumps. I never noticed the "short mode" in the timer configuration before. GHL should put you on the payroll.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

It seems like the last FW update solve the problem with wanted flow Here from a SA pump. Not tested with P4 and extension pumps

Her is a test done with a pump calibrates to 5 ml/min. First as calibrated - dosing 1 ml - its run as suspected for 12 sec. The test number 2 - still calibrated 5 ml/min but wanted flow 1 ml/min. It run for 60 sec as it should and still dose 1 ml!

1689023769087.png

1689023834153.png

Sincerely Lasse

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

It seems like the last FW update solve the problem with wanted flow Here from a SA pump. Not tested with P4 and extension pumps

Her is a test done with a pump calibrates to 5 ml/min. First as calibrated - dosing 1 ml - its run as suspected for 12 sec. The test number 2 - still calibrated 5 ml/min but wanted flow 1 ml/min. It run for 60 sec as it should and still dose 1 ml!

1689023769087.png

1689023834153.png

Sincerely Lasse
Yes, I announced it here: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/maxi-doser-and-profilux.968269/page-3#post-11516235
and here: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/dosing-panic-or-misunderstanding.965490/page-2#post-11516232
Gaël

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back