Strange programmable logic behavior

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Dave-T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using programmable logic to control a switch outlet connected to a skimmer. I have a lot of things that I want to evaluate to determine whether or not the skimmer should run, but one of the things is that I want it to turn off when a dosing pump is on, and then turn on an hour after the dosing pump is off. For now, I'm testing this by using an unused socket and linking a programmable logic gate to that.

So I have switch channel 50 connected to programmable logic 23. If I set programmable logic 23 to be "Dosing pump 4 (inverted) AND Always on", the switch channel is on, as expected, because the dosing pump isn't running.

Then, if I change PL 23 to be "Dosing pump 4 (inverted) Delayed on 3600s", the switch channel Is still on, as expected.

Then if I dose 1 ml from dosing pump 4 and check the switch channel immediately afterwards, the switch channel is now off, because it's within the 1 hour delay.

So everything is working fine so far, but this is where it gets weird.

If I go back and edit the programmable logic, and change it to ""Dosing pump 4 (inverted) Delayed on 1s", the switch channel stays off. It should now be on, because we are well past the 1 second delay.

Another example of what I think is the same issue is that if you have a switch channel that is off, then link it to a programmable logic such as "Dosing pump 4 (inverted) Delayed on 3600s", it will stay off, even if that dosing pump hasn't dosed in the last hour.

What I think is happening is that the programmable logic gates with "delayed off" on a dosing pump aren't evaluated until that dosing pump doses. This isn't right, if you want something to be on when a dosing pump isn't running, you shouldn't need to run that dosing pump to get the thing to turn on.

Last edited:

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

This is the normal operation.
The programmable logic does not use the history for time calculation but it triggers a timer when its input is toggled, as you have indicated. In this way, if the ProfiLux is restarted electrically, for example following an electrical cut, and to take your example just after dosing, the minimum delay of 1 hour will be respected.

Gaël

OP
OP
D

Dave-T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For it to work properly, it seems like it needs to have access to the history, but if it doesn't, it doesn't. So what is the default state of the logic gate if it references a dosing pump? In my example above, it acts both as if the dosing pump did not just run ("Dosing pump 4 (inverted) Delayed on 3600s", in the example), and as if it did just run ("Dosing pump 4 (inverted) Delayed on 1s" in the example).

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to do this
PL 23 = Dosing pump 4 (inverted) AND Always on
PL24 = PL23 delayed on x sec

Then you knit PL24 to your skimmer socket

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
D

Dave-T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your pl24 is different than Dosing pump 4 (inverted) delayed on X secs, then I’m definitely missing something. But I’ll try it tomorrow. You really think there’s a difference?

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your pl24 is different than Dosing pump 4 (inverted) delayed on X secs, then I’m definitely missing something. But I’ll try it tomorrow. You really think there’s a difference?
Have test it - its work.

Here is my start configuration S46 is directly - without any delay affected of dosing pump 27. S47 has a 5 sec delay of start after dos 27 been active

1678773465919.png

Video. Look at the blue square - dose amount. When it changes to cancel - I dose 5 ml The capture did not capture the window for manual dosing. Red in the start configuration Look also at S47 and S48

Sincerely Lasse

Last edited:

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to derail - but do you think that this is making a difference and preventing concentrated doses from being skimmed out or are you trying to prevent the skimmer from overflowing?

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 15 78.9%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 10.5%
Back