I'm testing the waters on a new media format for reef related news. I'd enjoy some feedback.

AKG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I've recently created [email protected] as a friendly way to join a daily mailing list with the most interesting news articles, how they may impact the hobby, and as a way to submit your own private opinions you have about the hobby, news stories, concerns, leaks, and so forth.

This will be created with the intent of helping everyone stay on the pulse of what is happening in the hobby, when, etc.

There are no classifieds, no offers, no advertisements, just pure, unadulterated, scream-into-the-void and add your identity if you wish types of submissions. This is alongside a section for new reefing articles, along with a section where I will take one interesting or controversial article written by a mailing list member, per day, and publish it to the mailing list if there is one available.

I refuse to live in a world where we cannot have a instant broadcast to thousands of people of new products being released, business acquisitions, product recalls, sound advice, or the ability to wake up, read the news for the hobby for the day, and know that I can comfortably close my emails and social media.

I really appreciate R2R and what they do here, but I also believe that there's a good market fit for this sort of service, I want to get into writing myself, and I feel like this is a opportunity for those who have learned things to share some interesting knowledge.

Again.... No advertisements, ever.

One email per day with links to cited articles.

Updates on upcoming events world-wide.

The opportunity to submit your own news, rumors, or stories, as well as set the facts on those things straight, immediately, to a large audience.

No images or files will be sent to you, ever.

All emails will be BCC'd so there's no possibility of your communication data ever being shared.

The email is exclusively for the above purposes. No donations will be accepted for this service, but if anyone would like to edit submissions or review submissions... Well, I guess I'll have to expand beyond myself whenever that time comes.

For everyone else:

If you email [email protected], you will receive a confirmation message and I will begin the email list 6/1/2022. Anyone who submits blatantly false information, or believes such has been submitted, please advise my to this as I am still a rookie and the last thing I want to do is do harm to these animals we cherish and love. I will do my best to do due diligence on all submissions, but I hold zero liability for anything said or shared. Submissions containing explicit language or unprofessionalism will not be considered further.

I was not sure if this was the right place to put this, but I figured it involves Reef Aquarium discussion and I really appreciate the forums so I think this will be a nice way to keep people updated if they wish for a very minimalist news briefing each morning. I also appreciate lead submissions and I am happy to accommodate hobbyist achievements.

Thoughts? Opinions? The Daily Industry News will begin June 1, 2022. Again, this will be a completely free service with no opportunity to provide funding and no desire to expand to anything beyond such. This is purely for my own learning, though hopefully I can help the community grow as a whole through this knowledge sharing experiment as well.

Take care and clear waters,

Kyle

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 16 30.8%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 13 25.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back