Imagitarium parasite remedy

kp1991

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i got ich in my 20g nano ****! Well so taking a risk i used this brand of all natural parasite treatment from petco great success the ich has immidiately starting to die off the fish and mind you now im well aware of the life cycle of ich and its far early in the infectious phase so all im saying is it seems to be quiet effective in treating ich up to yall to give it a try if your having ich issues feel free its working in my system thought id throw it out there

mike werner

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wish your fish continued success.ich is hard to kick as we all know.it's always nice to hear when reefers have success treating this parasite.i know nothing of this product and I have not seen it say "reef safe" when I checked it out on Petco web site.do you know if it is reef safe?does it effect the biological filtration system of a saltwater aquarium?
so what other type of livestock do you have in the tank?some fish are a little harder to get the snow off of than others.

OP
OP
kp1991

kp1991

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wish your fish continued success.ich is hard to kick as we all know.it's always nice to hear when reefers have success treating this parasite.i know nothing of this product and I have not seen it say "reef safe" when I checked it out on Petco web site.do you know if it is reef safe?does it effect the biological filtration system of a saltwater aquarium?
so what other type of livestock do you have in the tank?some fish are a little harder to get the snow off of than others.
This is what it states
1524725658645.jpg
1524725674770.jpg

OP
OP
kp1991

kp1991

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what it states
1524725658645.jpg
1524725674770.jpg
Also updating i just looked in my tank the parasites are hanging on for dear life on the glass of my aquarium lol some how i was able to see them under my actinic lighting wierd looking things

mike werner

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what it states
1524725658645.jpg
1524725674770.jpg
[/QUOTE
ok i guess we answered those questions.yea I did not expect to get that kinda service on the Petco web site so thanks I liked that.i'll still have to wait to see how others review this product.hey ya never know right?

OP
OP
kp1991

kp1991

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ich parasites aren't generally visible to the naked eye - you may be looking at copepods.

I'd take this product's claims with a large and hefty caked-up clump of Reef Crystals . . .

~Bruce
Copepods huh never heard of em ill look em up are they bad? Haha idk untill i have some results seems to be doing something so well see

dez0516

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will this help treat callimanus worms? It just says icy and other common parasites... not sure if it would be considered common or not.

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's an herbal remedy, Petco's house brand, and the only people who know what's in it are the people at Petco who put it there.

I would expect that it _might_ make fish slightly more comfortable. I would expect that it _might_ in some way annoy parasites.

I would _not_ expect it to actually treat, eradicate or clear any disease.

~Bruce

OP
OP
kp1991

kp1991

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its absolutely useless period herbatana is just not capable of controling the parasites rapid growth rate and insane lifecycle unfortunately

PastorSZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve not tried this in my saltwater (haven’t had to thankfully!) but I have used it with great suggests in my freshwater tank. Lost zero fish or inverts (ghost shrimp). Followed directions to a t. Was very happy with results.

PastorSZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve not tried this in my saltwater (haven’t had to thankfully!) but I have used it with great suggests in my freshwater tank. Lost zero fish or inverts (ghost shrimp). Followed directions to a t. Was very happy with results.

Tjlance1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok..I know the big retailers are the least favorite on here..bit ich is present in all fish. Not only does my local Petco have knowledgeable associates who asked great questions, but was more interested in the overall tank then the local aquarium store that is well known in our area as the "best place to go".

I do currently have an ich outbreak and I am using the Imagitarium parasite treatment and in 24 hours there is a reduction of the ich spores on 2 of my danios..no other fish are showing signs of ich. I will continue the treatment through the week, but at first bat, this product is working.

Linda Licata

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My betta, eggplant is a black orchid male who developed ick. I went to Petco for help. They suggested imagitarium parasite remedy. Eggplant had a mild case of ick. I read the instructions to a tee. In a few days it was gone. Eggplant does not have ick anymore. He is back to his old self. Thanks Petco.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 148 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back