Imagitarium substrate kills pests, along with almost everything else

Storm Trooper Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
beware of imagitarium substrate (petco).
6 months ago I upgraded the circulation on my 75 reef, this created a bare spot in my sand bed, no surprise. I’ve been on the look out for some large size substrate, and could not find at my local shops. After several months, I was in petco and saw some nice white gravel, fresh and marine safe, so I figured I try it out. The next morning all my spa where bleaching, lps were shedding, and softies all closed up. Emergency water change, new carbon, clear the skimmer, etc. after work, things looked worse, all the inverts were dead, snails closed up, and every bristle worm floating half out of the rocks.

Corals are now recovering in the QT, CUC is dead, but no more fire worms, bristle worms, or any other bugs, most likely lost all the pods also. So word to wise, imagitarium from petco is not to be used in marine aquarium.

OP
OP
Storm Trooper Reefer

Storm Trooper Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the loss but did you see what it was made of or rinse it?
Rodi rinse, it was dead gravel, to remove the dust. Trash has already been picked up, and I am in no rush to look it up. Marine does not mean Reef is all I wanted to share. Now to explain why there is 4 pounds of gravel in a garbage can!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 30.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back