Implementing a "like" feature

turbo21

Fenchies and Fish Oh My
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Follow the yellow brick road rev

I like the like idea but can see where negativity may dissuade people from posting. The other idea where under your username you have the thanks received is pretty cool

GHill762

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On a forum we want to encourage posting. That's what it's all about really. If we have a LIKE button I think posting will go down. What do you think? I'll think about it and talk it over with the mods and some other forum owner friends of mine. May seem like something simple but it's really not. I have to heavily weigh every option to maintain the health of our community long term as well as short term. Thanks.

I know you want to increase posting, but don't you want those posts to be meaningful posts? a dozen "+1" and "agree with ^" posts don't help anyone really.. just a thought.. :)

k2parkstar

Z&P Snob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know you want to increase posting, but don't you want those posts to be meaningful posts? a dozen "+1" and "agree with ^" posts don't help anyone really.. just a thought.. :)

Fair point. I don't think it will affect posting, people inherently want to be heard, so they will still share their opinions as well as liking a post.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 77 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back