IMPORT 101

Did you or anyone ever get this off the ground? I’m game for some euphyllia direct lol
 
Unfortunately with the pandemic, and less flights going out. Way too expensive on freight. Plus now the wholesalers who import starting to bid on freight, never had to do that before that's how bad it's gotten, not enough flights coming out of Indonesia especially. Nothing happening for now. Bummer
 
Unfortunately with the pandemic, and less flights going out. Way too expensive on freight. Plus now the wholesalers who import starting to bid on freight, never had to do that before that's how bad it's gotten, not enough flights coming out of Indonesia especially. Nothing happening for now. Bummer
Was trying to track it down with international friends. Found 4 scammers since the post last night. Also met more coral shippers domestically due to it lol
 
Unfortunately with the pandemic, and less flights going out. Way too expensive on freight. Plus now the wholesalers who import starting to bid on freight, never had to do that before that's how bad it's gotten, not enough flights coming out of Indonesia especially. Nothing happening for now. Bummer
I just got a lead on Tonga and we’ll have the exporter but now trying to find a broker for the corals. Then will work on fish and wild life and import/export permits.

customs seems to cool in dfw at least, current broker that exporter uses wants a massive order but I don’t think I’m going to do that when I could ask ups to be a broker for me in lax. I’m being told that Tonga to Auckland New Zealand and then it all goes through LAX but I wouldn’t understand this considering multiple international airports. Ironically Auckland has a direct to Austin Texas.
 
When it comes to live animals, there's only so many entry points that the US permits them to come in. LAX is obviously one of them and there's others that I'm not familiar with. But all live animals have to go through those entry points before coming into the US. Let me know how it works out
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new