Improving Flow in Fluval 13.5

Schulks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I'm trying to find a better solution for flow in my fluval. I had been using the Jebao SLW-5 but it is too loud and takes up too much space in my tank.

I am a beginner so I'd like some opinions on how far this pump could take me in my Fluval 13.5. My goal is mostly LPS/soft coral and maybe a piece or 2 of SPS.

MightyJet Mini - https://www.innovative-marine.com/shop/MightyJet™-Mini-266-GPH-DC-AIO-Submersible-Return-Pump-Universal-p478098805
(NOT AN ADD!)

I've been waiting for a Nero 3 restock but then I found this Mini version of the MightyJet it must have just been released because it isn't listed many places.
I am considering buying that and skipping the Nero 3. It would keep my display much cleaner, save some money, and my Sicce 0.5 could be used on a CoralLife UV if I decide but I don't want to limit my flow too much. If you think I will end up wanting the Nero 3 after buying this I'd rather just wait for the Nero 3 and use my Sicce 0.5.

If you have other recommendations let me know!

Thanks,
Cory

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I'm trying to find a better solution for flow in my fluval. I had been using the Jebao SLW-5 but it is too loud and takes up too much space in my tank.

I am a beginner so I'd like some opinions on how far this pump could take me in my Fluval 13.5. My goal is mostly LPS/soft coral and maybe a piece or 2 of SPS.

MightyJet Mini - https://www.innovative-marine.com/shop/MightyJet™-Mini-266-GPH-DC-AIO-Submersible-Return-Pump-Universal-p478098805
(NOT AN ADD!)

I've been waiting for a Nero 3 restock but then I found this Mini version of the MightyJet it must have just been released because it isn't listed many places.
I am considering buying that and skipping the Nero 3. It would keep my display much cleaner, save some money, and my Sicce 0.5 could be used on a CoralLife UV if I decide but I don't want to limit my flow too much. If you think I will end up wanting the Nero 3 after buying this I'd rather just wait for the Nero 3 and use my Sicce 0.5.

If you have other recommendations let me know!

Thanks,
Cory
As @shakacuz suggested, adding the Random Flow Generator Nozzle would be a good choice. If you are going with the Mightly Jet 266, then I would suggest our Ultimate Nano Tank Return Line Upgrade kit - it has dual 1/4in RFG and is a direct-fit for the Fluval 13.5. No adapters needed, just pop it tight on.

1659916749709.png

Depending on how your rockwork is laid out, you may be able to get away without a powerhead. But, even if you ultimately add a small power head at some point. the RFGs would just add to the overall flow variation

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back