Impulse Purchase

puffy127

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've been on the lookout for a small to medium yellow belly dogface puffer, but saw this little pudgeball (regular dogface puffer) at my LFS yesterday and had to purchase him on the spot (abandoning plans for the yellow belly). He's less than 3 inches and is pudgy as can be. They named him "Nugget" because he looks like a chicken nugget and I am keeping the name. I almost never do these kind of impulse purchases and try not to get emotionally attached to fish still in QT, so I usually don't take photos of fish in QT (except if sick and need help diagnosing/treating), and don't give them names while still in QT, but how can I resist? I have a lot of other nice fish, but none of them have made me gush like this...

IMG_4079.jpg
IMG_4084.jpg
IMG_4087.jpg
IMG_4096.jpg
IMG_4098.jpg

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a yellow belly, the guy you got has a alot of yellow in him. That may turn out more vivid as he ages, like it doesn't matter anyway. For over 30 years I've always had an arothron puffer in one of my tanks, the dogface is the best. I use to hand feed my guy, until his buck teeth took a chunk out of my finger. Not a bad idea to do a metro/focus soak in his food, these guys can come in with internal parasites.

Really not an impulse buy though, you were already planning a dogface. I almost made a terrible mistake one day, I almost made an impulse buy of a mappa puffer, he was about the size of your guy, so awesome. Have you seen them when they grow up...whoa.

OP
OP
puffy127

puffy127

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a yellow belly, the guy you got has a alot of yellow in him. That may turn out more vivid as he ages, like it doesn't matter anyway. For over 30 years I've always had an arothron puffer in one of my tanks, the dogface is the best. I use to hand feed my guy, until his buck teeth took a chunk out of my finger. Not a bad idea to do a metro/focus soak in his food, these guys can come in with internal parasites.

Really not an impulse buy though, you were already planning a dogface. I almost made a terrible mistake one day, I almost made an impulse buy of a mappa puffer, he was about the size of your guy, so awesome. Have you seen them when they grow up...whoa.

Wow, mappa - don't they get to over 2 feet? Now THAT would be an impulse purchase! Will definitely treat with Prazi and Metro.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love puffers. I can’t wait for my own again! :)

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's not your fault. Look at that face.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 31 38.3%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 33 40.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back