in need of some tips and tricks

smirgut

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 5, 2023
Messages
10
Reaction score
4
Location
Sweden
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i recently bought a juwel rio350( around 91-92gallons) and is looking to convert it to a reef tank, can i keep the internal filter that comes with it or should i swap it out, also looking on what additional equipment to pick like a skimmer( want to run without a sump for the tkme being) and lighting, especially need advice when it come to lighting
 
Last edited:
Welcome to R2R!

What is your end goal for the tank? Fish only? Coral? Nems?

I have a 90g and just use a HoB filter (floss, carbon or chemipure bags)

Reef Octo classic HoB skimmer.

Tank is around 5 years old or so.

I have softies, nems and around 10 fish. Haven't changed the water in months and everything is thriving.
 
If its not a major inconvenience, I highly recommend a sump, its super nice to have. So much so to the point that we are planning on converting some of our larger freshwater tanks imto having them.

But not necessary obviously, just, I think its worth considering because once I got a marine tank up and got a sump I felt like I've been missing out all this time
 
If its not a major inconvenience, I highly recommend a sump, its super nice to have. So much so to the point that we are planning on converting some of our larger freshwater tanks imto having them.

But not necessary obviously, just, I think its worth considering because once I got a marine tank up and got a sump I felt like I've been missing out all this time
the main reason im wanting to avoid a sump is because i would have import it, no local stores or webstores have anything even close in stock
Welcome to R2R!

What is your end goal for the tank? Fish only? Coral? Nems?

I have a 90g and just use a HoB filter (floss, carbon or chemipure bags)

Reef Octo classic HoB skimmer.

Tank is around 5 years old or so.

I have softies, nems and around 10 fish. Haven't changed the water in months and everything is thriving
around 10 small fish and softies as it stands now, might change later
 
the main reason im wanting to avoid a sump is because i would have import it, no local stores or webstores have anything even close in stock

around 10 small fish and softies as it stands now, might change later
Ahhh okay, I used another aquarium for mine, but my tank was drilled already so I get ya.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new