In Phoenix for a few days... what LFS should I check out?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm gonna be in Phoenix for a few days... what LFS should I check out? @evolved @zibba #anybodyfromPhoenixAZ

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry man, kinda lacking around here. I'd recommend kona reef in scottsdale.

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've asked this question twice considering one of my kids lives in Scottsdale (suburb of Phoenix), and HERE's the one that offered the most info. Hope this helps. The only thing I was able to get to was Sea Life Aquarium in Tempe. Here's the summary I posted on our visit there:

Sea Life Aquarium (Phoenix Area, Tempe) - Hard time finding this one because it was in a Shopping Mall. Otherwise, it really was for the young and uninformed....but I still enjoyed myself. One tank was a big donut that was itself a room, and you were in the center with some schooling fish in the tank....100's of them....swimming around you.

IMG_0596_zpscqld1x3c.jpg

It's a bit high priced, but if you're up to dumping some change, my kid is one of the chefs at Fat Ox in Scottsdale....an Italian restaurant.

azbigjohn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's a "real" aquarium in Scottsdale now. it's pretty neat.
There is also Odysea Aquarium, Better than Sea Life by far... http://www.odyseaaquarium.com/

As for stores, Phoenix has a couple worth checking out, Studio Blue is in Surprise (just West of Phoenix). I would chek with @evolved for the Tempe ones (East of Phoenix).

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks guys! I appreciate the recommendations!

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I know your time is limited here, the two I'd try to hit would be Studio Blue and Pet Kona - both of which are a good distance away from the area you're staying. However, both are very nicely put together and something that's always pleasing to walk into.

Aquarium Arts is closer, but it is not nearly as impressive as those two above. It's a store that moves a lot of volume without any frills. There's good deals to be had, but you have to know what to look out for and what it is you're buying.

Odysea is our nicest aquarium, but it is a bit pricey for admission. But I'd pass on Sea Life regardless.

Gil03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Studio Blue in Surprise Az is the premier store in the Valley, be sure to check them out..after you can shoot down to Saltwater Junkies since it's right off the 101 freeway not far from Studio.

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally the Odysea aquarium is a Rip off. You're better off going to the World Wildlife Zoo and Aquarium.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back