LFS Sells RO but say RODI

Hoxie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow Reefers!

One of my LFS, where I have bought my water, has been selling RO water while advertising RODI. I have not confirmed this with them but have heard from another LFS that has been around longer that this is known as a more experienced shop. He informed me has tested the water and it comes back with 5ppm Nitrate and TDS (Don't remember ppm). And our tap water is known for high TDS.

How worried should I be? Would do weekly water changes with RODI combat the ghosts in the closet or is it inevitable defeat?

TIA

Kipp's Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be biased information. Only true way to tell is to perform the tests yourself.
Could be true, could be false. I am still new but wondering if there is some real competition

The_Paradox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RODI still has TDS in it. Not saying one way or another what it is but not unlikely that they just have burned media.

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a cheap tds meter in Amazon, that is pretty accurate. I will link it below.

TDS Meter Digital Water Tester, DUMSAMKER Professional 3-in-1 TDS, Temperature and EC Meter with Carrying Case, 0-9999ppm, Ideal ppm Meter for Drinking Water, Aquariums and More https://a.co/d/eL7FP29

crabgrass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like others said, go ahead and test. TDS meters aren’t too expensive.

I had algae issues in my 20g, and only used my LFS mixed salt. I never tested their RO (should have). I did a series of rip cleans and never fixed the issue (but kept putting their salt in). New tank, I just went in with my RO water, and mixed my own salt. Lots of diffenr variables, but algae situation is much different. I am tempted to go back and just get a gallon of their RO to test

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 79 55.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%
Back