In the market for a new tank build need help!

TimReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hiya y’all I’m in the market looking to build a new tank with a sump, however I would like to do it on my own with few projects like the stand and the sump itself. I currently have a bow front 29 gallon tank and I have been struggling with it for 5 years! Every item i have is hanging on the side. I can’t get corals to grow the way I want them to grow like shown on YouTube videos and it’s frustrating me so I would like to start over. With same fish I have now and corals.

So here is what I’m asking, I’m on a tight budget and Ive been eying up a used 40 gallon tank picked out at my local saltwater place for $100 org $160. It has everything drilled for a sump, but no sump and no stand. I would like a 20 gallon sump and a reef octopus skimmer. But what one? For a reasonable price rang. As well a nice cheap return pump. I just want to do it right and cost efficient.

So list some good skimmers/equipment I would need that would fit a 20 gal sump! Or ideas for the stand. I also have a decent light verpa spectra 165 ww LED

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back