In too deep, 800 gallon experiment build

ChristinasCoralCabin

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 27, 2021
Messages
234
Reaction score
456
Location
Fredericksburg
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well, this is bigger in person than I expected. I have not built anything this big and now I'm thinking, "oh crap, what did I get myself into". I think I'll need more than 10 blue chromis after it's done, but I still can't get past rock work. It's hard to make it pretty at this size.
20230718_115445.jpg
 
I've been building rockwork on the table in front to plan it out then putting it in. Recommendations are very much welcomed. I'm drilling holes in more rocks today. I have 10 pearly jawfish and 10 blue chromis in another tank that I plan to add. I put in a dozen red and yellow finger gorgonians in the rocks on the bottom but it's hard to see in the picture. Hopefully the temporary in-tank filter clears it up soon. I can't add corals later because it's too deep.
 
Where did you even find a beast that big?!!??!!??

Daaaaaaannnnnggghg girl. You're not kidding. Look how tiny you look in there, lol.

I'm totally following this adventure.
Got it used super cheap from a guy in PA.
 
Well, this is bigger in person than I expected. I have not built anything this big and now I'm thinking, "oh crap, what did I get myself into". I think I'll need more than 10 blue chromis after it's done, but I still can't get past rock work. It's hard to make it pretty at this size.
20230718_115445.jpg
That is one massive tank
 
Amazing build - congrats! I love monster tank builds. Good luck and do let us know how things go!

The Home Boss denied my monster tank build so I just build many little ones
 
Well, this is bigger in person than I expected. I have not built anything this big and now I'm thinking, "oh crap, what did I get myself into". I think I'll need more than 10 blue chromis after it's done, but I still can't get past rock work. It's hard to make it pretty at this size.
20230718_115445.jpg
Wow!! That is awesome!! What are the dimensions?
 
Where is the tank? Garage?
Yes, I'm turning my garage into a coral farm. I told my husband we needed the 800g for a list of reasons that sounded convincing and he fell for it lol. Seriously though I got it super cheap and it just makes me happy. I have been working on it day and night since it came in. Last night baby raccoon came in to investigate the new set up and looked me straight in the eyes as he went through my stuff. I feel like he was thinking, "Lady, when do you sleep?!"
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new