In Water Octopus Lid

Particles816

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 27, 2024
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
OFallon
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone tried to make an octopus lid for a rimless tank that sits below the water line? Maybe like 9 inches below the water level, to allow for filter stuff to still be in water but out of reach.
I was thinking I'd glue a rim and hinge the lid so I can open it to maintenance, feed tube with a lid would be the only consideration. Lid material would be that clear plastic mesh.

I'm trying to reuse a 24" cube.
 
Has anyone tried to make an octopus lid for a rimless tank that sits below the water line? Maybe like 9 inches below the water level, to allow for filter stuff to still be in water but out of reach.
I was thinking I'd glue a rim and hinge the lid so I can open it to maintenance, feed tube with a lid would be the only consideration. Lid material would be that clear plastic mesh.

I'm trying to reuse a 24" cube.

Haven't (don't try to do octopus stuff myself). Biggest concerns would probably be cleaning it and maintaining gas exchange - it's going to be another algae magnet. If you have a sump then you're probably fine with gas exchange, otherwise you're dealing a mesh which is impossible to clean without swapping them out.

Getting a piece of laser cut acrylic would be the way to go, and clamp it on the corners
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new