Inch?

Markszy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need help, fish and invert aquarium only. I have had my clowns and blenny for 4 weeks now with not sign, then i got my hippo tang from a well know seller that had this fish in his tank for months for me. it is eating flake, mysis, and red ogo like a pig. Is this ICH or am i just going crazy? I am running UV at parasite water flow levels. if it is what do you treat your tank with? my PH is 8.0, zero ammonia, zero nitrite and 10ppm nitrate. thanks for any help.

IMG_6288.JPG IMG_6289.JPG IMG_6290.JPG IMG_6291.JPG IMG_6292.JPG

Last edited:

Impala67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need help, fish and invert aquarium only. I have had my clowns and blenny for 4 weeks now with not sign, then i got my hippo tang from a well know seller that had this fish in his tank for months for me. it is eating flake, mysis, and red ogo like a pig. Is this ICH or am i just going crazy? I am running UV at parasite water flow levels. if it is what do you treat your tank with? my PH is 8.0, zero ammonia, zero nitrite and 10ppm nitrate. thanks for any help.

IMG_6288.JPG IMG_6289.JPG IMG_6290.JPG IMG_6291.JPG IMG_6292.JPG
Yup I see it in the first pic, can you get any closer pics? Luckily you found him at the early stages, is he scratching or rubbing against the rock/sand? For the treatment I would put him in a quarantine tank and dose him with this https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petco...VxbKGCh1zLAfZEAQYAiABEgJn_PD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds. Best thing your gonna get, best of luck to ya mate!

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yup I see it in the first pic, can you get any closer pics? Luckily you found him at the early stages, is he scratching or rubbing against the rock/sand? For the treatment I would put him in a quarantine tank and dose him with this https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcostore/product/microbe-lift-herbtana-freshwater-16oz-2480204?cm_mmc=PSH|GGL|CAL|SBU05|SH14|0|oZ4AgFePb8PMQF6cfeZNnh|58700007475749834|PRODUCT_GROUP|0|0&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5OXFooLb9QIVxbKGCh1zLAfZEAQYAiABEgJn_PD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds. Best thing your gonna get, best of luck to ya mate!
It could be more than ich....

A closer pic would be really helpful.

Getting a QT setup is a great idea tho ;)

mehaffydr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would get the Quarantine set up ASAP and treat with coppersafe. Follow link below to QT procedure. You will need to get ALL fish out of that display tank and leave it fallow for 76 days to get rid of the Ick that is now in the tank.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup I see it in the first pic, can you get any closer pics? Luckily you found him at the early stages, is he scratching or rubbing against the rock/sand? For the treatment I would put him in a quarantine tank and dose him with this https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcostore/product/microbe-lift-herbtana-freshwater-16oz-2480204?cm_mmc=PSH|GGL|CAL|SBU05|SH14|0|oZ4AgFePb8PMQF6cfeZNnh|58700007475749834|PRODUCT_GROUP|0|0&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5OXFooLb9QIVxbKGCh1zLAfZEAQYAiABEgJn_PD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds. Best thing your gonna get, best of luck to ya mate!

Hi, herbal remedies often do not work as advertised, in fact, they rarely work for moderate to advanced cases. If a person has the means to isolate the fish for treatment, coppersafe is the preferred treatment, or copper power or cupramine. If the fish cannot be moved, then Ruby Rally can be tried. It is more effective than herbal remedies, but not as good as copper.

Here is a thread that talks about some of this:

Jay

Impala67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, herbal remedies often do not work as advertised, in fact, they rarely work for moderate to advanced cases. If a person has the means to isolate the fish for treatment, coppersafe is the preferred treatment, or copper power or cupramine. If the fish cannot be moved, then Ruby Rally can be tried. It is more effective than herbal remedies, but not as good as copper.

Here is a thread that talks about some of this:

Jay
That is true that the copper is more effective, but the herbal is more natural and I would even go as far as saying it’s safer to use. If this was an extreme case by all means go with the copper but in this case I would recommend herbal remedies!!

OP
OP
Markszy

Markszy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tang is not scratching against anything, it’s hard to get a close picture because it usually runs and hides when I go up to the tank.

I was hoping for something in tank because it will be nearly impossible to catch. I have a 200 gallon tank and the fish hides in the rocks when I get near the tank.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tang is not scratching against anything, it’s hard to get a close picture because it usually runs and hides when I go up to the tank.

I was hoping for something in tank because it will be nearly impossible to catch. I have a 200 gallon tank and the fish hides in the rocks when I get near the tank.
Since you have a large UV and want to treat inside the tank…

This is worth a read… it is experimental.

This would be my first choice but otherwise I would try rally. I wouldn’t bother with herbs myself…

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 32.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back