Incorable's 13 Gallon Starphire Nano Build

xraided199

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
one of the cleanest sumps and tanks i ever seen. its a tru skill to be able to build tanks and sumps that intricate but yet so simple and it makes sense. great work on that and your 140.

OP
OP
Incoralable

Incoralable

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. Had some time this afternoon and drained the fresh water out of the tank to finish some things. Got the back glass pained black. I have never understood why people use Krylon Fusion to spray the back glass, but that was all that I had "in stock." Did a darn good job and dried extremely quickly. So, I guess if I ever do this again, I will be using the Fusion again.

Sprayed it and put it back together. Added the sand (same kind as they sell at Coral Connection) and started playing with a dry scape. There will be no avalanches in this tank. There are five separate rock formations and they are individually epoxied together. So, essentially, all I have is five structures to move around. There is a lot of surface area to mount frags. One of the pedastals at the front right will likely end up a good place for a small clam. It has a notch in it that should make a good cradle for a maxima or crocea.

Anyway, here it is as it stands now. It is essentially ready for salt water now.

Scape1.jpg

Scape2.jpg

Scape3.jpg

Scape4.jpg

OP
OP
Incoralable

Incoralable

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully this weekend. Anxious to hurry up and wait for the cycle. This is the first tank I ever started with completely dry rock. I guess it will be a while before it will look like much.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 138 43.3%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 111 34.8%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 49 15.4%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.6%
Back