OP
OP
L

Lgara1303

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a cleaner look for sure. Just make sure the glass isn’t tempered before you start drilling. Some tanks will use tempered glass on a single panel, usually front or back. Not super common, but better safe than sorry.

Also make sure your sump can handle the water volume it will get when/if the return pump shuts off. It will drain back down to the bottom of your hole unless you use a check valve, which
Okay thank you both
I will update you guys as I go I just ordered my overflow box so if I have any more questions I will be sure to ask trying to get a game plan together for everything

OP
OP
L

Lgara1303

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay thank you both
I will update you guys as I go I just ordered my overflow box so if I have any more questions I will be sure to ask trying to get a game plan together for everything
And just talked to the guy that has the sump and worked a deal out with him it’s a trigger 39 inch sump it’s 40 gallons which I think is a little bit bigger than I need but it’s a $650 sump and he wants $200 for it. I also think it will help increase the water volume.

Also perfect for upgrade of any kind

OP
OP
L

Lgara1303

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an update I drilled my overflow today and it all went well. Didn’t have a wood hole saw to make a template for the return so I have to wait on that but glad I got the overflow done.

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an update I drilled my overflow today and it all went well. Didn’t have a wood hole saw to make a template for the return so I have to wait on that but glad I got the overflow done.
You can just use cardboard for the guide as well.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 110 43.3%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 121 47.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 23 9.1%
Back