50 gallon low boy build overflow help

It is a cleaner look for sure. Just make sure the glass isn’t tempered before you start drilling. Some tanks will use tempered glass on a single panel, usually front or back. Not super common, but better safe than sorry.

Also make sure your sump can handle the water volume it will get when/if the return pump shuts off. It will drain back down to the bottom of your hole unless you use a check valve, which
Okay thank you both
I will update you guys as I go I just ordered my overflow box so if I have any more questions I will be sure to ask trying to get a game plan together for everything
 
Okay thank you both
I will update you guys as I go I just ordered my overflow box so if I have any more questions I will be sure to ask trying to get a game plan together for everything
And just talked to the guy that has the sump and worked a deal out with him it’s a trigger 39 inch sump it’s 40 gallons which I think is a little bit bigger than I need but it’s a $650 sump and he wants $200 for it. I also think it will help increase the water volume.

Also perfect for upgrade of any kind
 
Just an update I drilled my overflow today and it all went well. Didn’t have a wood hole saw to make a template for the return so I have to wait on that but glad I got the overflow done.
 
Just an update I drilled my overflow today and it all went well. Didn’t have a wood hole saw to make a template for the return so I have to wait on that but glad I got the overflow done.
You can just use cardboard for the guide as well.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new