Increasing Toadstool Growth

  • Thread starter Thread starter HiImSean
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

HiImSean

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 20, 2012
Messages
370
Reaction score
218
Location
Acworth, GA
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my first toadstool a hot minute ago. It looks great but I see very little growth from it. Most softies do well in my tank, it’s mostly zoas and lps. Do you typically target feed, additives?
 
What kind of light and flow is it getting?
 
Good lighting good flow and nutrients will make it grow quickly. How is your lighting flow and nutrients ?
 
I’m running 2 radion gen 5 xr15 ramping to about 90% max and a reefbrite strip, the toadstool placed in the back center of the tank. Flow is a pair of gyre 2k at 60% and an mp10 also around 60%. It gets indirect flow in its location, the polyps are moving but not being bent over.

I typically feed feed roids or something similar every few days and AB+ once a week. Fish are primarily fed pellets and mysis.

Waterchanges are don’t every few weeks
 
All of the toadstools I have grew pretty slow for the first couple years then got huge quick.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new