inD Aquatics aF4 frozen feeder

  • Thread starter Thread starter braaap
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I’ve had a great experience with Ind, great customer service and frankly I don’t want to be limited to cubes. I’ve had extremely great success chopping up rods, which is what I have fed for ages. Yes, I will toss in cubes from time to time, but, I absolutely don’t want to make my own cubes out of rods. I’m glad there are alternatives on the market. What was your exact experience with your AF4?
I agree, after looking at the other product. It a good concept but now you are limited to cubes. Even if you make your own cubes it's 1 extra thing one will have to do.
AF4 you can use any type of food. Mix whatever you want.
Infact we mix medicine in our foods sometimes or add garlic extract etc that cannot be done with traditional cubes placed in a carousel to be dispensed out.
One thing is for sure that there will be more products in the market now as this has been long awaited and great potential for sales.
 
I agree, after looking at the other product. It a good concept but now you are limited to cubes. Even if you make your own cubes it's 1 extra thing one will have to do.
AF4 you can use any type of food. Mix whatever you want.
Infact we mix medicine in our foods sometimes or add garlic extract etc that cannot be done with traditional cubes placed in a carousel to be dispensed out.
One thing is for sure that there will be more products in the market now as this has been long awaited and great potential for sales.
I add Garlic, selcon, benereef, reef Chilli - you name it.
 
I add Garlic, selcon, benereef, reef Chilli - you name it.

@Dr. Reef - I could use 1-2 more. While I am loyalist, I am also frugal. Competition breeds competitiveness. I’m working on using two Varios 2 pumps facing one another inlet to inlet with the feed tube between them. Toggle between pumps for feedings so my frag tank can get a taste of the teet. Only using varios as I have a couple laying around collecting dust. I’m sending you an email, I need some help selecting my next tank mates. The last 5 are doing fantastic.
 
@Dr. Reef - I could use 1-2 more. While I am loyalist, I am also frugal. Competition breeds competitiveness. I’m working on using two Varios 2 pumps facing one another inlet to inlet with the feed tube between them. Toggle between pumps for feedings so my frag tank can get a taste of the teet. Only using varios as I have a couple laying around collecting dust. I’m sending you an email, I need some help selecting my next tank mates. The last 5 are doing fantastic.
I used a vine chiller set at 34F and placed a glass container in it with slushy of fish foods. Using a dos i used to feed the tank. But only problem was food drying out in tube's and also water evaporating out of tge slushy making it much harder for pump to work.
 
There was 2 in stock but I ordered one so should be one more. I just hope they don’t release their new one next week 😂
 
My unit is 2 weeks old. So unless they have a new since then solenoid… I emailed them a little bit ago. Frustrating. Maybe it’s a simple clog.
So far they’ve been very easy to work with from a customer service side. Very helpful and friendly. The one warranty issue was resolved quick also
 
I agree, after looking at the other product. It a good concept but now you are limited to cubes. Even if you make your own cubes it's 1 extra thing one will have to do.
AF4 you can use any type of food. Mix whatever you want.
Infact we mix medicine in our foods sometimes or add garlic extract etc that cannot be done with traditional cubes placed in a carousel to be dispensed out.
One thing is for sure that there will be more products in the market now as this has been long awaited and great potential for sales.
The other One looks much bigger also. I like how my aF4 is fairly compact and inconspicuous.
 
So far they’ve been very easy to work with from a customer service side. Very helpful and friendly. The one warranty issue was resolved quick also
Can’t agree more. While a failure is never fun. Dealing with Ind’s service was pain free. These guys are legit. I was super thrilled with their responsiveness, eagerness to help and overall customer service. 5 stars for their support for sure.
 
Is @ind.aquatics releasing a new version soon?
We’re always working on new ways to improve the fish feeding experience, but with a more steady supply of the aF4 becoming available, we don’t have plans to release a new version just yet. That said, we are really excited about an upcoming accessory that’ll let you manage feeding remotely. We sincerely appreciate the kind words and support. We’re committed to building the best products we can and making sure our customers are supported every step of the way.
 
I’ve been using mine for a week now with 0 issues. I’ve been keeping an eye on it with my cameras. Game changer when i’m at work and can’t be home to feed
 
The new frozen cube feeder by Manta systems will be much better for your setup. And likely better for most. No chance of rotten food. Minimal failure chance.
it starts funding in May -- ZERO chance it'll be out within a year of that. Prooduct design when it includes mechanical, software, and even boxing/packaging designm simply takes _forever_
 
I can't believe i missed the drop on Friday. I've got travel this summer and have been figuring out solutions.

@ind.aquatics any more coming next week?
It said mid May on the website. @ind.aquatics you mentioned an add on module and I saw a WiFi to 0-10v interface on the site. Looks like a 3rd party controlled. Is that the new device?
 
@ind.aquatics
1. Does inD connect comes with its own app?
2. Can you change ML and or Temp etc from remote app?
It doesn’t look like it. It looks like it’s just a 0-10v WiFi interface if you’re not using an aquarium controller with 0-10v. From what the product description sounds like, it’s a smart home
Product that’s third party.
 
Hey all! We will be sending an email out to our subscribers later today with more details on aF4 restock and the inD Connect. We do not yet have our own app, so this is our solution for the interim.
 
it starts funding in May -- ZERO chance it'll be out within a year of that. Prooduct design when it includes mechanical, software, and even boxing/packaging designm simply takes _forever_
Its good that there are products coming out. But as mentioned, restricting it to cubes is a let down considering you always need to makes cubes which is not ideal and also price wise $700 is a going to be tricky.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new