inD Aquatics aF4 frozen feeder

  • Thread starter Thread starter braaap
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I can't believe i missed the drop on Friday. I've got travel this summer and have been figuring out solutions.

@ind.aquatics any more coming next week?
Looks Like tmr is the last day to snatch it at current price
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7515.png
    IMG_7515.png
    203.4 KB · Views: 123
Picked one up, finally! havent used it yet. Will work on a food mix today. I did design a wall shelf for it to mount to my 8020 stand.

Screenshot 2025-05-08 at 8.51.36 AM.png
Screenshot 2025-05-08 at 8.51.43 AM.png
 
I’d be concerned about putting mine on a 3d printed shelf. But, that’s just me.

Ya I’ve got far more valuable things on 3d printed holders/stands/clips etc. Multiple thousands of dollars. Just need to properly print and choose the correct material for the application.

That said I did buy one of these. But I’m not using it so I’ll probably sell it. Never even opened it lol
 
Ya I’ve got far more valuable things on 3d printed holders/stands/clips etc. Multiple thousands of dollars. Just need to properly print and choose the correct material for the application.

That said I did buy one of these. But I’m not using it so I’ll probably sell it. Never even opened it lol
Yeah, I’m sure you’re right on the material. I purchased a trident holder and it cracked screwing it on by hand. That experience left me concerned about the printer (meaning, the so called expert doing the work and selling it, I wish I had the time to play with a printer ). Inbox me if you are thinking about selling it. I’m going to need a second one in 4-6 weeks when I get my other system online.
 
Ya I’ve got far more valuable things on 3d printed holders/stands/clips etc. Multiple thousands of dollars. Just need to properly print and choose the correct material for the application.

That said I did buy one of these. But I’m not using it so I’ll probably sell it. Never even opened it lol
@reely989 the other reason is, this unit puts a bit of heat out. Again. I’m not a 3d printer guy. My luck, it would melt, lol. Besides, I’m an 8020 guy, with way too much excess laying around.

 
@reely989 the other reason is, this unit puts a bit of heat out. Again. I’m not a 3d printer guy. My luck, it would melt, lol. Besides, I’m an 8020 guy, with way too much excess laying around.



The heat makes sense. But depending on material these things aren’t getting hot enough to do anything to it. It’s all about material and printer settings to get a strong print.

I’ll send you a pm.
 
@reely989 the other reason is, this unit puts a bit of heat out. Again. I’m not a 3d printer guy. My luck, it would melt, lol. Besides, I’m an 8020 guy, with way too much excess laying around.



Gotcha. I haven't used one, so I was curious. I'm not sure how hot it gets and all that.
 
Gotcha. I haven't used one, so I was curious. I'm not sure how hot it gets and all that.
The device has some weight. My concerns are simply that prolonged exposure to a heat source with constant pressure applied (changing, washing, pressing buttons, etc) has me thinking, do I want to walk in and see my AF4 suspended in midair by cables, lol.
 
Btw I have been using mine for a couple of weeks now. I have it hooked up via V1 and feed my fish 6 times a day via apex plus the 7th time AF4's itself default.

1725585305837.png
@ind.aquatics

I just bought one of these and I'm going to take my Apex classic out of retirement (built in VDM). Looking at these settings, do you have it dosing for 10 minutes at a time? How much food is this?

This is the first time I am using the VDM, is on 10V?
 
@ind.aquatics

I just bought one of these and I'm going to take my Apex classic out of retirement (built in VDM). Looking at these settings, do you have it dosing for 10 minutes at a time? How much food is this?

This is the first time I am using the VDM, is on 10V?
Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Time 12:30 to 12:40 Then ON
If Time 16:30 to 16:40 Then ON
If Time 20:30 to 20:40 Then ON

I had to cut back from 6 feedings to 3 per day due to high nitrates. I have it set for 30ml per feeding. that 10 min doesnt mean it will run for 10 min. That only triggers 1 feeding. feeding quantity is set on the device itself. Mine is at 30 ml every time.
 
Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Time 12:30 to 12:40 Then ON
If Time 16:30 to 16:40 Then ON
If Time 20:30 to 20:40 Then ON

I had to cut back from 6 feedings to 3 per day due to high nitrates. I have it set for 30ml per feeding. that 10 min doesnt mean it will run for 10 min. That only triggers 1 feeding. feeding quantity is set on the device itself. Mine is at 30 ml every time.
Oh, ok. Do you have to do 10 minutes?
 
The device has some weight. My concerns are simply that prolonged exposure to a heat source with constant pressure applied (changing, washing, pressing buttons, etc) has me thinking, do I want to walk in and see my AF4 suspended in midair by cables, lol.
would need to get about 225 degrees imo to be a problem :-)
 
I'll have to invest in a few of them to make life easier to go away on vacation, I'm excited to buy something like this.

But I gotta ask, this is 2025, why aren't there dozens of products like this on the market? 😉
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new