Indentify , Please.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Arrecife
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Arrecife

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 10, 2019
Messages
40
Reaction score
59
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everybody. I bought this frag as "frogspawn" in Aquashella Chicago. Is just that it is starting to look to me like kinda of like a hammer. So it makes me hesitate. So I figured I would get some opinions. hope the pics are good for idenrifying. Thanks in advanced. :)

IMG-20191128-WA0017.jpg IMG-20191128-WA0016.jpg IMG-20191128-WA0015.jpg
 
No doubt Hammer. Frogspawn represents more dot-like appearance
Frogspawn:
1575128621732.png
 
Branching Hammer is the common name for Euphyllia Paraancora.

Yours looks like E. Paradivisa usually called branching frogspawn. I have one that looks like yours, sometimes the tips get elongated but there are also a few multi tip tentacles to be found. There are definitely other varieties that get a larger amount of multi tip tentacles.

Check this out:

http://www.coralsoftheworld.org/species_factsheets/species_factsheet_summary/euphyllia-paradivisa/

And also the whole Euphyllia species list here:

http://www.coralsoftheworld.org/species_factsheets/
 
Thanks for all the input. I appreciate everybodys help. Happy reefing.
 
Branching Hammer is the common name for Euphyllia Paraancora.

Yours looks like E. Paradivisa usually called branching frogspawn. I have one that looks like yours, sometimes the tips get elongated but there are also a few multi tip tentacles to be found. There are definitely other varieties that get a larger amount of multi tip tentacles.

Check this out:

http://www.coralsoftheworld.org/species_factsheets/species_factsheet_summary/euphyllia-paradivisa/

And also the whole Euphyllia species list here:

http://www.coralsoftheworld.org/species_factsheets/
Thanks a lot.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new