OP
AMBER NICHOLS

AMBER NICHOLS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really nice setup! I love your bar area. That is beautiful

I live in Kouts, IN near Valparaiso. Where in Indiana are you located!
Thanks so much it was an absolute ton of work! I am in Avon but I am a region native! I great up in Cedar Lake! My family still lives in the area! My best friend lives in Valpo almost Kouts...right off 49 [emoji4]

Indiana Reefin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much it was an absolute ton of work! I am in Avon but I am a region native! I great up in Cedar Lake! My family still lives in the area! My best friend lives in Valpo almost Kouts...right off 49 [emoji4]

Yep, Kouts the small little town that got its first stop light 6 years ago lol..
Avon is really nice area. My parents are looking to move To Fishers in the next couple of years.

I love the dimensions of that tank. I would love to build a tankin the wall. I would love to do something similar, but my house doesn’t have a basement. Pretty scary after my wife saw this one block away from our home earlier this week.

So for now I have my “little 29 gallon reef in my office at work.

77395933-90A2-4FC6-92C1-C9F7DF8F9543.jpeg

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, Kouts the small little town that got its first stop light 6 years ago lol..
Avon is really nice area. My parents are looking to move To Fishers in the next couple of years.

I love the dimensions of that tank. I would love to build a tankin the wall. I would love to do something similar, but my house doesn’t have a basement. Pretty scary after my wife saw this one block away from our home earlier this week.

Oh wow that’s pretty horrifying! I’ve never seen a tornado in person. As odd as it sounds I’ve always wanted to be a storm chaser.

OP
OP
AMBER NICHOLS

AMBER NICHOLS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I cannot say anything bad about Fishers other then the traffic....but Avon traffic stinks too. My in-laws moved down to Noblesville a few years back and they love it.

The depth on this tank is really the only annoying part. I am basically swimming when I need to do anything on the bottom [emoji23]

Tornadoes scare me pretty bad. When we were building our house we had a big squall come through and mess up our rental really bad. Tree fell on our cars. It was a mess. Since then I am petrified. [emoji45]

Indiana Reefin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In like 1998 we had one go through a neighborhood in Griffith tore it apart scarywq
I cannot say anything bad about Fishers other then the traffic....but Avon traffic stinks too. My in-laws moved down to Noblesville a few years back and they love it.

The depth on this tank is really the only annoying part. I am basically swimming when I need to do anything on the bottom [emoji23]

Tornadoes scare me pretty bad. When we were building our house we had a big squall come through and mess up our rental really bad. Tree fell on our cars. It was a mess. Since then I am petrified. [emoji45]

That’s horrible!
I don’t have to worry about swimming in my 29 lol

OP
OP
AMBER NICHOLS

AMBER NICHOLS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Argh. I am now battling bryopsis. Trying reef flux now, already looking better. I think this came in on a couple pieces of live rock I added without QT. #rookiemistake

Current livestock:

DT
black ice clown, mocha domino clown, coral beauty, 3 lyretail anthias, royal Gramma, red lyretail hawkfish, lawnmower blenny, lavender Tang, marine Betta.

Notes- lawnmower blenny now lives in my overflow...he is so stinking fat and he seems to love it in there. I give him his own nori and made him some perches. My coral beauty is the devil. Lyretail hawkfish is the most active fish in my tank and I love him/her.

QT
3 Pajama cardinals and greyhead wrasse.
Notes- wrasse is in terrible shape but looks to be turning the corner. He is pretty big and colorful so I really hope he pulls through.

This will be the end of my fish stocking unless I decide to swap out devil coral beauty for a foxface.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 25.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 48 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.8%
Back