Indo Export Update

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

U

User1

View Badges
your reef aquarium on cirby way I believe. I didn't know about till I moved away. he always does a big booth at the coral farmers markets though.

Ok, that is the one I was thinking of. For some reason, no idea why, I mix up their name. Thanks for clarifying. I thought maybe there was a new one that opened recently.

BrandonS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
didn't know about the one in granite bay. I know of this one on cirby and marinedepot in citrus heights. I only make it to that area once a year these days. Wish I had been into the hobby back then. Now I don't have a LFS within a 40 minute drive.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good info! Thanks Dr. Mac!

twiatr2001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Shipment didn't come in this week, should be next week for sure.

twiatr2001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So my good friend is the owner of the LFS, and the wholesaler has a list of stuff that is coming in, the way it works is you order what you want and when it comes in it gets shipped to you, it might not always be what you want so the longer you wait the better odds are that you get something really nice, definitely torches and some acros, that I know for sure, I do know its about a 40% increase in cost to the order from prior shipments, before the ban, so whatever they were paying per head is about 40% more now, big increase, but I think it still might be lower than what's being posted online. Well just have to wait and see.

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So my good friend is the owner of the LFS, and the wholesaler has a list of stuff that is coming in, the way it works is you order what you want and when it comes in it gets shipped to you, it might not always be what you want so the longer you wait the better odds are that you get something really nice, definitely torches and some acros, that I know for sure, I do know its about a 40% increase in cost to the order from prior shipments, before the ban, so whatever they were paying per head is about 40% more now, big increase, but I think it still might be lower than what's being posted online. Well just have to wait and see.
That's cool!

I noticed stores in the Seattle area have bumped their prices a bit lately. I'm thinking that's not going to come down and they are getting people ready to pay more now so when they do land the prices dont seem like a difference.

hotdrop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's cool!

I noticed stores in the Seattle area have bumped their prices a bit lately. I'm thinking that's not going to come down and they are getting people ready to pay more now so when they do land the prices dont seem like a difference.
That’s probably just barrier their prices are sky high and selection is ok. They are used to being top dog but I think the competition is finally putting pressure on em. If you hit up the coral show last weekend the prices were super reasonable from the smaller vendors. No one was really at the barrier booth

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That’s probably just barrier their prices are sky high and selection is ok. They are used to being top dog but I think the competition is finally putting pressure on em. If you hit up the coral show last weekend the prices were super reasonable from the smaller vendors. No one was really at the barrier booth
I was there and did notice that, I grabbed some nice things for a really decent price!

I'll be going the "BIG" one in April, that should be really nice!!

What other shops do you go to?

hotdrop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was there and did notice that, I grabbed some nice things for a really decent price!

I'll be going the "BIG" one in April, that should be really nice!!

What other shops do you go to?
Honestly I try to buy from hobbyists I trust that way I get much cleaner stuff and better prices. If the coral is big and growing then chances are the tanks aren’t full of pests that eat them. For a lfs Saltwater city prices much better and they try to do a good job with fish and coral qt but with the volume going through a lfs it’s hard not to miss something and pass on pests. I haven’t really bought much Coral from them but I did get some fish and inverts

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Honestly I try to buy from hobbyists I trust that way I get much cleaner stuff and better prices. If the coral is big and growing then chances are the tanks aren’t full of pests that eat them. For a lfs Saltwater city prices much better and they try to do a good job with fish and coral qt but with the volume going through a lfs it’s hard not to miss something and pass on pests. I haven’t really bought much Coral from them but I did get some fish and inverts
This is so true!!

A_CoupleClowns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's list of what may be imported,from Indonesia. Importer mentioned CITES permits limited, and no guarantee you will get it. Till inventory increases and more permits, are obtained.

2 week wait, also

Screenshot_2020-01-17-17-03-24-1.png
I hope acanthophyllia and blastomussa make it onto the list sometime in the not so distant future.

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I hope acanthophyllia and blastomussa make it onto the list sometime in the not so distant future.
Just got my indo acanthophyllia...they are back all over the place ;)
And if it's not an indo then calikid coral has some explaining to do HAHAHAH 2 different lighting scenes ;)

Got a red blasto morph also but I have to snap a pic tonight, just added it.
20200205_191819.jpg 20200205_191734.jpg 20200205_191035.jpg

A_CoupleClowns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow MERKEY that acantho has some DEEP purples I didn’t see in the previous photos, that thing is amazing!!! Woooooo!!!!

I’m hoping for acantho availability to increase by quite a bit. Not enough available for selection!

@PacificEastAquaculture Dr Mac do you forsee acanthophyllia availability increasing at all in the near future?

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow MERKEY that acantho has some DEEP purples I didn’t see in the previous photos, that thing is amazing!!! Woooooo!!!!

I’m hoping for acantho availability to increase by quite a bit. Not enough available for selection!

@PacificEastAquaculture Dr Mac do you forsee acanthophyllia availability increasing at all in the near future?
I know what you're talking about. This was the only blue purple gold one I have seen.

Reds and aqua/blues and greens/yellows are available pretty solid now.

I'm sure they will become more available unfortunately the really pretty ones that are now available with multiple colors are upwards 2k.

Some of the rainbow ones are just insane!!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 31 83.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.4%
Back