Indo Export Update

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's list of what may be imported,from Indonesia. Importer mentioned CITES permits limited, and no guarantee you will get it. Till inventory increases and more permits, are obtained.

2 week wait, also

Screenshot_2020-01-17-17-03-24-1.png

U

User1

View Badges
Personally speaking I don't see much to do about this. I'm not at the business level so I'll leave that there. On the other hand as a hobbyist I can say this really doesn't interest me at all. The prices do not seem to make sense. In fact the more I look at it the more I would expect aquaculture to pick up the slack in its absence and then the prices would be justified.

There may be a lag time for aquaculture to grow out but the list above doesn't really seem earth shattering and some of the other prices I have to say, what is the big deal. I'm sure I'm wrong but the whole take first from ocean rather than treating what we have as agriculture baffles me.

On the business front is there any gain?

myzislow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Local lfs already received their first order. Looks like lots of mari corals, mainly acropora.

Joe's 220 Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's list of what may be imported,from Indonesia. Importer mentioned CITES permits limited, and no guarantee you will get it. Till inventory increases and more permits, are obtained.

2 week wait, also

Screenshot_2020-01-17-17-03-24-1.png
Too bad there are no Trachy’s or lobo’s on here. I have always felt Indonesia had the nicest ones

jsvand5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hate to say it, but seeing the prices on everything, to me prices will be similar to Aussie. Bummer

Also all euphiliya will be limited, from importers info.

I’m fine with that. Still much cheaper than the people currently gouging for anything indo. And as the initial hype wears off I’m sure the prices will get closer to what they used to be. Not as low as before of course but reasonable. Hopefully we’ve seen the last of $500 and $1000+ torch heads.

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@YourReef on instagram has posted some. They are an LFS in roseville, CA.
Sweet thanks, I dont have Instagram hahah I'm old school. This site and 1 other reef site are the only social media I am on, that's my fault tho ;)

Thanks for the heads up tho!!

What are they selling already and what prices?

BrandonS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet thanks, I dont have Instagram hahah I'm old school. This site and 1 other reef site are the only social media I am on, that's my fault tho ;)

Thanks for the heads up tho!!

What are they selling already and what prices?

Mostly indo acro's it looked like. didn't see any names or prices. They bought some nice colonies and are going to frag them out.

Maybe the farms in indo are going to sell colonies to widdle down the supply and compensate for 2 years added growth?

Rickyrooz

Acropora Nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I see a good amount of places saying they got orders. Anyone else see pictures from recently?

No fancy acro's from what I have seen, they look very similar to the Tonga and Kupang corals that were previously being imported. Definitely not the next Walt Disney in this first round.

BrandonS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You mean foothills? I'm not aware of any other marine in Roseville. There is one in Granit bay but then again I don't shop around town much.

your reef aquarium on cirby way I believe. I didn't know about till I moved away. he always does a big booth at the coral farmers markets though.

Back