Indo pacific farms?

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The UV is plumbed in the sump. It pulls from the first chamber and returns in right to the second baffle exit that goes to the return chamber. It is plumbed with the inlets facing up like the instructions said.

e72f0a4de661e18bea5dc6fa3e7f072e.jpg

You have to keep in mind this is a 100% dry rock + 100% dry sand start. I have added pods and phyto and some coralline flakes, but nothing else. It's a massive unit (40" in length) and barely fits in the sump (Sump is 48") & cabinet lol.
I would move it to the display temporarily. It should pull water up from the sandbed area and return back into the display. It's ugly but not as ugly as dinos. It's also not uncommon to not see any dinos in the sump compared to the display.

OP
OP
ReefWithCare

ReefWithCare

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would move it to the display temporarily. It should pull water up from the sandbed area and return back into the display. It's ugly but not as ugly as dinos. It's also not uncommon to not see any dinos in the sump compared to the display.

I've never seen Dinos in the sump (unless it was growing in the scrubber, which I took offline after the scrubber manufacturer found out I had 100% dry rock and sand and recommended pulling it and focusing on biodiversity).

I did try moving it to the display, but have no place to mount this beast of a unit (kind wish I got the 57W because it's smaller o_O). It's way too big (we tried to do that originally, but couldn't find a spot for it unless we drilled holes in the wall to mount it or we open up the top of the tank risking fish jumping (I have wrasses that are jump risks).

OP
OP
ReefWithCare

ReefWithCare

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I ordered yesterday and haven't heard anything back. For any of you that have ordered from them in the past do they have another email other than [email protected]? Do they have a phone number other than (808) 334-1709 --- this phone number is disconnected :eek:. I did not get a confirmation e-mail back when I placed the order.

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never seen Dinos in the sump (unless it was growing in the scrubber, which I took offline after the scrubber manufacturer found out I had 100% dry rock and sand and recommended pulling it and focusing on biodiversity).

I did try moving it to the display, but have no place to mount this beast of a unit (kind wish I got the 57W because it's smaller o_O). It's way too big (we tried to do that originally, but couldn't find a spot for it unless we drilled holes in the wall to mount it or we open up the top of the tank risking fish jumping (I have wrasses that are jump risks).
I have a 57 watt unit that I hung off the back. If there is any way to go from display tank and back, I would do it. Mj1200 is what I use for flow. My tank is 180 gal.

7A243457-CF92-42F2-8249-8B6A6244D50F.jpeg

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I ordered yesterday and haven't heard anything back. For any of you that have ordered from them in the past do they have another email other than [email protected]? Do they have a phone number other than (808) 334-1709 --- this phone number is disconnected :eek:. I did not get a confirmation e-mail back when I placed the order.
It's 9:37am there. I would wait till about 8pm eastern for a response. Typically, it's just a shipping confirmation.

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's 9:37am there. I would wait till about 8pm eastern for a response. Typically, it's just a shipping confirmation.
Actually it was 8:35pm central time when I received my confirmation.

OP
OP
ReefWithCare

ReefWithCare

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would stop any payment to them.
I requested a paypal invoice - which they are supposed to send to me. So weird --- I guess only GARF is the last place standing then :confused:. Would be really helpful if any of you past customers have past correspondence to them and can verify an e-mail or phone number >_<.

Last edited:

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I requested a paypal invoice - which they are supposed to send to me. So weird --- I guess only GARF is the last place standing then :confused:
Yeah it makes me sad :(

You could also look into sources from Florida like Tampa Bay saltwater, Live rock n reef, or gulf live rock. However, a lot of those sources come from the ocean that's had a big toxic cyano bloom. Maybe you can try and contact them?

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
HMM not good. I have ordered from them but not recently and I know a few have recently, seen the posts.
I would give it a day or so more but it does not look good if phone disconnected.

I was gong to place a order myself coming up..

Wrasse-cal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered from them maybe two months ago. I was very happy with my order. I’d be patient, as hard as it is. They have a Facebook page. Might want to try that.

Tft12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve placed an order with them for every system I’ve setup in the past 10 years or so. I’ve always been extremely happy with everything I’ve received from them.

Tft12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's the same IPSF. In the two times I tried reaching out to them I never heard back o_O. Well, I did order --- so maybe they will respond now that I want to give them money :D

That’s weird. I wonder what’s going on. I’ve always had great conversations with Gerald.

OP
OP
ReefWithCare

ReefWithCare

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it makes me sad :(

You could also look into sources from Florida like Tampa Bay saltwater, Live rock n reef, or gulf live rock. However, a lot of those sources come from the ocean that's had a big toxic cyano bloom. Maybe you can try and contact them?

Not to mention they are about to get hit with a nasty hurricane :eek:.

I found Gerald's phone number. I'll give that a shot once it's business hours over there. I really want to order from them because they literally have everything I need :(

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not to mention they are about to get hit with a nasty hurricane :eek:.

I found Gerald's phone number. I'll give that a shot once it's business hours over there. I really want to order from them because they literally have everything I need :(

Hurricane could be your answer on why.

keep us updated because I need to get a order too...

Last edited:
OP
OP
ReefWithCare

ReefWithCare

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve placed an order with them for every system I’ve setup in the past 10 years or so. I’ve always been extremely happy with everything I’ve received from them.

I tried their FB Page - literal radio silence [emoji29]

Ultraman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered from him a month ago, great order. I’d say be patient knowing his excellent track record all these years.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I tried their FB Page - literal radio silence [emoji29]

Patients. it took two days for Marine depot to get back to me and they are staffed with way more people..

Also email can be unreliable.

I saw no phone number on their site so you may have called a wrong or old number...

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 85 56.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.3%
Back