Injured Anemone Help!!!

NewCaliCaptives

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys! A couple of days ago I got a beautiful Green Bubble Tip anemone and a Maroon clown from the LFS. They were doing great, but the anemone during the night got sucked into my Jebao OW-2. Luckily I saw it quite soon after it happened, and immediately turned it off and angled it so that the nem could get itself out and use the glass to move away.
It did that quickly and got back onto the rock, its been wedged in between the rock and back glass for about a day now but the clown won't stop messing with it! It detached itself from the glass and is laying on the sanded. Foot seems sinflated, but the disk is still wide open and tentacles small but out.
The nems foot is totally fine as is the mouth. it seems like the disk may have gotten lightly clipped but I can't tell for sure.
I have no doubt the anemone can heal as its wounds are very minor IMO compared to what could have happened, but I dont want the clownfish to stress it out so much it prevents that. He basically doesn't stop messing with the thing, he's always rubbing on it and won't leave it alone.
I would basket the nem but I have a AI Hydra on the 10g cube so im almost certain it will be too much light up there even on the edge of the tank.
Light is about 10" above surface and gets to 30w at peak time.
Any ideas on saving this guy or should I do nothing? I would hate for it to not make it because of some needy clownfish :(

Parameters:
Salinity- 1.0235
Nitrate- 1ppm
Ammonio and Nitrite 0
Alk- 8.0

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Basket the clown.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's just temporary. The clown will be fine.

OP
OP
NewCaliCaptives

NewCaliCaptives

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size basket should I use? ill probably just make one with this plastic canvas mesh I can snag some sheets from work. Tank is only 13.5 inches wide

OP
OP
NewCaliCaptives

NewCaliCaptives

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so I got the clown Isolated in a little net basket, the anemone was fine and now it is really deflated and the mouth is slightly open... kinda worried about the little guy now. There is also a clear slime type stuff where the foot was on the rock.

OP
OP
NewCaliCaptives

NewCaliCaptives

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s some pics I just went and took

D82EB5BD-1DB9-49F3-A295-745F1A05F61F.jpeg AC85B2E6-CB8F-4E4F-B843-BDED6B16BC63.jpeg B3244918-EB3A-4A40-B0CE-9E26AF71C253.jpeg

OP
OP
NewCaliCaptives

NewCaliCaptives

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He’ll recover as long as he doesn’t get an infection/bad water params.

If there was any way possible a 5G QT with every few day WC’s would probably be ideal.
Okay I could probably run and buy a 5 gal. My water param seem to be good so I’m not TOO worried about that but also what do I know lol. I would prefer to keep him in the tank since I’m low on money, don’t have a light or air stone. What would I need for a qt like that?

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@NewCaliCaptives sorry to hear about your problem, but great catch before it got much worse.

FWIW I have a nem guard on a MP40 and the tentacles still got sucked in and stayed that way for a few hours before we saw it. It took a few days but ultimately, the nem recovered. So hang in there as I'm pretty confident your nem will recover as well. As for the clown, I'll defer to others on that. Good luck!

OP
OP
NewCaliCaptives

NewCaliCaptives

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@NewCaliCaptives sorry to hear about your problem, but great catch before it got much worse.

FWIW I have a nem guard on a MP40 and the tentacles still got sucked in and stayed that way for a few hours before we saw it. It took a few days but ultimately, the nem recovered. So hang in there as I'm pretty confident your nem will recover as well. As for the clown, I'll defer to others on that. Good luck!
Thanks for your support :) I’m so worried about the little guy

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 77 86.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back