Injury or illness?

Wannabe Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 4, 2021
Messages
74
Reaction score
34
Location
Galway
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had this foxface for a few weeks.
Yesterday I carried out a water change and think I startled it with the gravel vac in the water.

Could the mark on its head be from banging into something or maybe a nem sting?

The only other thing I can think of is my swallowtail angel has a bite mark on its side from a few days ago. Could they be quarrelling?
 

Attachments

  • VID_20231102_191258.mp4
    10.9 MB
I have had this foxface for a few weeks.
Yesterday I carried out a water change and think I startled it with the gravel vac in the water.

Could the mark on its head be from banging into something or maybe a nem sting?

The only other thing I can think of is my swallowtail angel has a bite mark on its side from a few days ago. Could they be quarrelling?

That's likely an injury. The "ring" around it though can be a sign of bacterial infection - bacteria tend to grow in circular patterns. I don't *think* it needs treatment (yet) but watch for it growing, or watch for new spots showing up.

Jay
 
That's likely an injury. The "ring" around it though can be a sign of bacterial infection - bacteria tend to grow in circular patterns. I don't *think* it needs treatment (yet) but watch for it growing, or watch for new spots showing up.

Jay
Thanks for the reply. I'll watch it
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 5 18.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new