Inkbird Digital Outlet Heat Temperature Controller

glagunda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious if anyone has used these before? Dual heater temp controller from Inkbird. Super cheap on amazon. do they work? any problems? they stated that the probe is salt water safe.

inkbird.png

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can do a DIY with an inkbird controller, to run a heater and a fan. I made one it was super cheap, fun, and works flawlessly. I looked into one of those that you are referencing and they did not get the best reviews. I can't remember why they got bad reviews, but that was why I built my own. I will find you the link.

OP
OP
glagunda

glagunda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@fragit yea was thinking about that too. But with my luck I'd burn the house down. Seems pretty easy though. Thanks for the link

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@fragit yea was thinking about that too. But with my luck I'd burn the house down. Seems pretty easy though. Thanks for the link
Your welcome! I was a little hesitant at first too. I honestly hate electricity it scares me, and I don't want to burn my house down either. The hardest part of doing this diy is braking of the little tab between the wire screws on the outlet itself. Doing this allows the controller to turn on and off the outlets independently. The one thing you should definitely pay attention to if you decide to do this is.... Make sure your heater is less than 10amps. The inkbird can handle 10amp any thing more than yes you may burn your house down. I'm using Finnex Delux Titanium 800w it is 9amps and have had zero issues.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back