Inkbird ITC 306-A

ScottieB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got two of the 35$ ones (no WiFi) to replace a couple finnex controllers. I like the fact that they have catered to the Aquarium market by having a replaceable non-metal temp sensor. Looking forward to hearing your experience with the WiFi version.

OP
OP
Mikedawg

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm loving the 306 A wireless so far; easy to set up, haven't noticed any "drift" in temp settings and very helpful to be able to view/control performance via my phone. Do have an email in to Inkbird to see if the probes on this model are replaceable - they look just like the ones on the BRS "brand" of Inkbird.

Coastie Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had the wifi version and it's been running for about a week now. My tank temp hasn't been this constant, ever. I have it set to T1 77.5 and T2 78.0. Max temp it's reached is 78.4 and lowest temp it's reached is 77.2. But I have the temp probes in my frag tank and not in the sump where my heaters are.

Travis Alderman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just ordered this on Amazon: https://www.ink-bird.com/products-temperature-controller-itc306A.html because I liked the app and dual probe features and BRS won't get in any of "their brand" Inkbirds until April. Anybody got any experiences/tips to share? Thanks
I have one. It works great. Try and place the probes far apart.

For some reason the suction cups don't really work too well.

It also needs to be close to the router to run it wirelessly. Therefore I dont.

It's a great unit though.

Coastie Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one. It works great. Try and place the probes far apart.

For some reason the suction cups don't really work too well.

It also needs to be close to the router to run it wirelessly. Therefore I dont.

It's a great unit though.

The suction cups are kind of a pain. I had to take a razor and clean the glass really well for them to stick more than 5 minutes, but after that they've stayed put. I haven't had the issues with the router, and mine is probably 20' away.

vonjankmon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having serious problems with the one I just ordered. It seems to get "stuck" periodically where it stops reading, shows whatever the temp was when it got "stuck" and will either continue heating or not heat depending on when it got stuck. I have to unplug it and then plug it back it before it will start working again. I've ordered the simpler none wifi single probe version in hopes that simpler means more reliable because right now it's just a matter of time before I freeze or cook my tank...

Markyk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having serious problems with the one I just ordered. It seems to get "stuck" periodically where it stops reading, shows whatever the temp was when it got "stuck" and will either continue heating or not heat depending on when it got stuck. I have to unplug it and then plug it back it before it will start working again. I've ordered the simpler none wifi single probe version in hopes that simpler means more reliable because right now it's just a matter of time before I freeze or cook my tank...

Nevil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 1 of these on 2 different systems and they both work great. I haven't had any issues. There are a few different apps which is confusing make sure you have the Inkbird Pro app installed (for Android anyways).

cvrle1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Posted this in a different thread, but may be useful here as well

In case anyone is interested in Inkbird ITC-306A, Inkbird is selling them on eBay for $44.99, however they will accept offer of $39 (free shipping).

I got 2 for that price, and they are WiFi version with 2 plastic probes. They ship from China, but item arrived to me in 1 week, so really fast.

Coastie Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Posted this in a different thread, but may be useful here as well

In case anyone is interested in Inkbird ITC-306A, Inkbird is selling them on eBay for $44.99, however they will accept offer of $39 (free shipping).

I got 2 for that price, and they are WiFi version with 2 plastic probes. They ship from China, but item arrived to me in 1 week, so really fast.

Looks like it ships from China... how long did it take to get???

Silent

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazon has them in stock. Prime ships it in a day or two to you. I love mine. Set for 78 temp is 78.
Screenshot_20200309-190948_InkbirdSmart.jpg

Markyk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazon has them in stock. Prime ships it in a day or two to you. I love mine. Set for 78 temp is 78.
Screenshot_20200309-190948_InkbirdSmart.jpg
How did you get your t1 and t2 so close? My device says I have to have a minimum of 3degrees C. Is yours the WiFi version?
Edit.. My bad it was 0.3degrees c

Last edited:

StacyW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This might be a silly question, but, can you attach 2 heaters via the one heating socket? And, that could two appliances be attached to the cooling socket?

I have the inkbird itc-308 wifi bought from Amazon.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back