Inkbird ITC-306a

anthony1017

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I’m having an issue with my brand new inkbird I just setup last night.

I’m using a brand new brs 300watt heater in a water box 90.3.

I set T1 at 77.5 F and T2 at 78.0F and Now I’m getting an alert of high temp or 79.0F

What’s going on? It’s also set for 6hr continuous

not sure what to do do to bring the temp back down. I thought the controller was supposed to shut off once it reached 78.0f ?

65F7AB49-C059-4553-B662-8F4B7FE3B022.png EDB023BA-CEE2-486C-B71D-1F33346B0E41.png

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an older model however the 6hr continuous doesn't sound correct. Kind of like it's meant to stay on that long.

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm ok what should it be?
Mine doesn't look the same as yours. I bought it about 2 1/2 years ago and haven't looked at it since. So I'm not 100% on the settings needed any more

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took a quick peak at mine and the controller is completely different than your model. Mine is out dated sorry.

OP
OP
A

anthony1017

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure the heater is actually heating? Maybe some other factor is heating up your tank?
So I only have my heater in the sump. I just grabbed the heater and it felt like it was off no heat. Wondering if it’s because my downstairs is currently at 82f ??? This is my first time with a tank with sump and using a controller

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I only have my heater in the sump. I just grabbed the heater and it felt like it was off no heat. Wondering if it’s because my downstairs is currently at 82f ??? This is my first time with a tank with sump and using a controller
That could definitely do it. Aim some fans at the surface or float some frozen water bottles. Maybe this wasn't the controller all along.

OP
OP
A

anthony1017

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That could definitely do it. Aim some fans at the surface or float some frozen water bottles. Maybe this wasn't the controller all along.
I just setup a small fan at the sum area with the door open. Waiting to see if the temp comes down

WyoMt.Chef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I’m having an issue with my brand new inkbird I just setup last night.

I’m using a brand new brs 300watt heater in a water box 90.3.

I set T1 at 77.5 F and T2 at 78.0F and Now I’m getting an alert of high temp or 79.0F

What’s going on? It’s also set for 6hr continuous

not sure what to do do to bring the temp back down. I thought the controller was supposed to shut off once it reached 78.0f ?

65F7AB49-C059-4553-B662-8F4B7FE3B022.png EDB023BA-CEE2-486C-B71D-1F33346B0E41.png
So I had similar issues with mine. I would double check the temperature is both calibrated on your brs heater(not sure if/or how as I've never owned that heater) and your inkbird. I believe I set it too the least continuous run time. I also believe it runs a better discrepancy in Celsius. If I remember correctly Celsius is accurate to within 1 degree and fahrenheit 3 degrees maybe?... I'm sorry I can't be of more help I'm pulling from memory as I was tired of false alarms and bought a control 4. Hope you can figure it out!

zalick

A cup of water and a dash of salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your basement is 82 degrees this will absolutely heat your tank up past 79. The tank will eventually be 82 degrees or likely more.

OP
OP
A

anthony1017

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your basement is 82 degrees this will absolutely heat your tank up past 79. The tank will eventually be 82 degrees or likely more.
Ok that might be it, we had one of the most hottest days here in northern CA and it’s 82 degrees inside my dining room

Kai K

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The inkbird will indicate whether the heating socket is turned on or not as below:
Screenshot_20210601-095253_InkbirdSmart.jpg
In the drawn circle it will say "heating", I believe that is not the case in your situation and have to conclude that your tank is heating up due to for example high surrounding temps and or lights, pumps etc which also generate heat.
You might need to find a way to cool your tank.

lelandmarine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with others. The room is making the aquarium warmer than the desired temperature. I am curious does T1 represent the desired temperature and T2 represent the temperature when the heater is turned off?

LgTas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two inkbirds. You need to set the continuous heating value to atleast 24 hours otherwise it'll only heat 6 hours of the day. I nearly froze my fish but luckily the low temp alarm alerted me to the issue (at 5am).

lelandmarine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m still confused about ink birds. T1 I believe represents the temperature that you would like the tank to be at. Does T2 represent the temperature you would like the heater to come on at. Shouldn’t T2 be lower than T1?

zalick

A cup of water and a dash of salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok that might be it, we had one of the most hottest days here in northern CA and it’s 82 degrees inside my dining room
Yeah, I’m in Portland.

I keep my tank at 79 and my temp starts to rise when my room gets to 76/77.

Fredinva

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two inkbirds. You need to set the continuous heating value to atleast 24 hours otherwise it'll only heat 6 hours of the day. I nearly froze my fish but luckily the low temp alarm alerted me to the issue (at 5am).
So I had similar issues with mine. I would double check the temperature is both calibrated on your brs heater(not sure if/or how as I've never owned that heater) and your inkbird. I believe I set it too the least continuous run time. I also believe it runs a better discrepancy in Celsius. If I remember correctly Celsius is accurate to within 1 degree and fahrenheit 3 degrees maybe?... I'm sorry I can't be of more help I'm pulling from memory as I was tired of false alarms and bought a control 4. Hope you can figure it out!

If I remember correctly Celsius is accurate to within 1 degree and fahrenheit 3 degrees maybe?.
Maybe not. There is nothing in the literature about accuracy. But, if it were off by 1degree in C, it would be off two to three in F. Thus, F temps would actually be more accurate.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back