Inkbird on/off heat difference

  • Thread starter Thread starter mook1178
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mook1178

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 27, 2023
Messages
535
Reaction score
600
Location
Lincoln
What state or country do you live in
Nebraska
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the name of the game with corals is stability. I set my on/off temps to a difference of 0.5F. I see a lot of people with a 1F difference.

Thoughts? Is my tolerance too tight?

I feel like the temp bouncing 1 degree back and forth is not very stable.
 
I wouldn't over think it. I'm sure the ocean swings more than 1 degree. I would just keep doing what your doing if it's working. I have some of my inkbirds set to 0.5 Celsius. The ones I have only allow 1 degrees adjustment in Fahrenheit
 
Using higher variance would make the InkBird switch its outlets on/off less often so seems like that could extend the life of the InkBird switching mechanism.

I use smallest variance of 0.5F on mine but just thinking aloud.
*doubt it makes any difference to the life in the tank
 
7 degrees here. If my livestock ain’t rugged individualists, I don’t want ‘em.

JK. 0.5 F.
 
My ink bird is set to 1 degree variance at 77 and at 78, but it’s also on my apex to run between 77.2-77.4, so my apex is controlling the fine tuning. The 3 heaters are also set to 78. So it’s 3 points of redundancy. If the heaters stick on, the apex will shut it down, if the apex malfunctions, the ink bird will shut it down at 78. If all 3 fail, RIP tank.

I also have the Red Sea ATO that gives me a temp reading and a warning, but doesn’t control anything.
 
Mine is 26. 1 sv with a. 5c differnce and the heaters thermostats are set to 82 so. Of it did get stuck that's the highest the I have it on a wifi smart plug that I can turn off if I see that the wifi Inkbird is too high the plug has energy monitoring so if I see the something off I can shut the heater plug down and the smart plugs are rated for 1500 w max each plus I have one on my return skimmer and wave maker so I can shut or turn off for feeding it's a poor man's smart tank down everything from. My app instead of plugging out my
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new